Glasnow to have Tommy John surgery

Talk Pittsburgh Pirates baseball with fans from around the world. Discuss major league and minor league baseball as well.
bucco boy

Glasnow to have Tommy John surgery

Post by bucco boy »

The Bucs Are Going All The Way, All The Way, All The Way
#9#

Re: Glasnow to have Tommy John surgery

Post by #9# »

Tough break for him.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

My heart bleeds. :lol:
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

The way the game has progressed to max velocity for pitchers, max swing for hitters, max velocity off the bat etc. has proven to be successful for many, but the amount of star players being injured is not good. There are around 20 players around Glasnow's talent that are all missing significant time. The giant stars of the game like Acuna, Tatis, Trout, Bieber and deGrom are all either out for the year or will miss most of it. From a fan's point of view, this can't be good for the game.
Rellimie

Post by Rellimie »

statscbl wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:46 pm The way the game has progressed to max velocity for pitchers, max swing for hitters, max velocity off the bat etc. has proven to be successful for many, but the amount of star players being injured is not good. There are around 20 players around Glasnow's talent that are all missing significant time. The giant stars of the game like Acuna, Tatis, Trout, Bieber and deGrom are all either out for the year or will miss most of it. From a fan's point of view, this can't be good for the game.
Just another example of why I have come around on never taking Pitchers with a top 10 draft pick. An ace that can avoid the knife is just so rare.
statscbl

Post by statscbl »

Rellimie wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:07 am
statscbl wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:46 pm The way the game has progressed to max velocity for pitchers, max swing for hitters, max velocity off the bat etc. has proven to be successful for many, but the amount of star players being injured is not good. There are around 20 players around Glasnow's talent that are all missing significant time. The giant stars of the game like Acuna, Tatis, Trout, Bieber and deGrom are all either out for the year or will miss most of it. From a fan's point of view, this can't be good for the game.
Just another example of why I have come around on never taking Pitchers with a top 10 draft pick. An ace that can avoid the knife is just so rare.
I am with you and agree. What is getting scary thoug is all of the hitters that are getting hurt now as well. Tatis, Trout and Acuna are 3 of the biggest draws of the game.