Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's Goats and Stars for 08/11
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:50 pm 

WOW! What a waste of a couple of hours of my time. As I said in another post. Jason Marquis? Seriously?

STARTER: Not one of AJ's better starts. Had the strikeout pitch working, but otherwise not so sharp. 9 hits. 2 BB. 5 Runs (4 earned) in 5.2 innigs. Bad Start.

LOSER: AJ takes the loss and drops to 14-4, wtih 3.32 ERA. One of those nights!.

GOAT: Well, the entire offense was goats, but even so, you gotta give the goat to Burnett.

STAR #3: Snider goes 1-3 before checking out with hamstring tweak. Hope it isn't serious.

STAR #2: Hughes comes in and stops the bleeding. Gives us 2.1 innings, just one hit, 2 Ks.

STAR #1: Well, it wasn't much, but in a game with only 3 Pirate baserunners, Pedro did it twice with a single and walk.

STANDINGS
Cutch 99
Burnett 79
Alvarez 68.5
Walker 65.5
GJones 56
McDonald 53.5
McKenry 43
Correia 41
Presley 34.5
Harrison 32
Tabata 32
Barajas 31
Bedard 29
Barmes 28.5
Lincoln 28
Hanrahan 27.5
McGehee 27
Karstens 24
Hughes 24.75
Grilli 20.25
Watson 17.25
Marte 17
Cruz 15.75
Resop 11.5
Hague 10
Snider 8.5
Sutton 7
Sanchez 5.5
Morton 4.5
Mercer 4.0
Meek 3.5
Slaten 3.5
Navarro 3.0
McLouth 2.5
Qualls 2.5
Hernandez 1.5
WRod 0

Post subject: Re: Animal's Goats and Stars for 08/11
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:41 pm 

I normally agree with all of your Goats and Stars but hear me out on the goat for this one......

AJ had a horrid game.....I can make an argument that the offense had a worse one.

Even if AJ pitched a complete game, 1 run gem...........we still lose. 1 run or 5 runs......the offense still put up a goose egg.

My goat would be shared.......Walker and Harrison. While a bunch of guys when 0 fer........These 2 managed to get up with runners in scoring position and couldn't get it done.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 am 

rellimie wrote:
I normally agree with all of your Goats and Stars but hear me out on the goat for this one......

AJ had a horrid game.....I can make an argument that the offense had a worse one.

Even if AJ pitched a complete game, 1 run gem...........we still lose. 1 run or 5 runs......the offense still put up a goose egg.

My goat would be shared.......Walker and Harrison. While a bunch of guys when 0 fer........These 2 managed to get up with runners in scoring position and couldn't get it done.

I don't mind disagreements...like the open discussion. And I DO understand your point, HOWEVER, he did NOT pitch a 1 run gem. If he had, then someone on the offense would have been MORE of a goat... Look at it another way..If Walker and Harrison HAD driven in those guys in scoring position, then we STILL lose 5-2. Right?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:25 am 

I give my star of the game to Styx. If anybody else attended the game I think they will agree. It was the only good thing about tonight, and boy did they put on a good show!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:38 am 

Animal wrote:
rellimie wrote:

I don't mind disagreements...like the open discussion. And I DO understand your point, HOWEVER, he did NOT pitch a 1 run gem. If he had, then someone on the offense would have been MORE of a goat... Look at it another way..If Walker and Harrison HAD driven in those guys in scoring position, then we STILL lose 5-2. Right?

Good point. Wish there was a way to give it to the team minus the bullpen. It was an all around bad performance. Unlike yesterday where JMac was the clear cut goat.