Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's Goats and Stars for 08/10
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:26 pm 

I slacked a litle. Busy night last night and today. Finally getting around to the goats and stars.

Ugly game. I hate losing when we most definately should have won....and there was no doubt this should have been a win. Just have to remember, this is just one of 162. We have won games we should have lost before too. Right now, we are treading water. We need to start swimming. We really have to take next two from Pads. I did not get to see or hear much of the game...so if miss something let me know.

STARTER: JMac. Bad Start. We don't need to see the numbers. Your team gives you a six run lead, you should not lose. It's as simple as that! Not sure what is going on with JMac...just not the same guy he was earlier in the year. It's a long season. I still have faith in him that he can turn it back around...but they need to figure out the problem and get it corrected. SOON.

LOSER: Tony Watson had a bit of rough night. Ended up with loss. Drops to 5-2. 4.46 ERA.

BLOWN SAVE: Watson gets his second blown save, in addition to taking the loss.

GOAT: Bucs stranded 16 runners! SIXTEEN! WOW! Hard to believe they still scored 8 runs! Walker was the worst, having a rare bad game of late. He went 0-5 and stranded 4 guys. Cutch went 0-4 and stranded 2. If you had told me we would score 8 runs, but our two biggest run producers woudl be 0-9, I would not have believed it. But, even with all of that, you have to give the goat to JMac. His team gave him 7 runs and he gave them back.

HONORABLE MENTION: Lots of contributors tonight. Would have been a nice team win, but did not work out that way. Marte went 2-5 with a stolen base and RBI. With his best offensive performance in a couple weeks, Pedro goes 2-4 with 2 RBI, including a big clutch single. Barmes even got into the act, going 2-4 with a couple runs scored. Even Chad Qualls had another nice outing, working a scoreless top of the 9th to keep it a one run game, giving the Bucs a chance to come back.

STAR #3: Giving Resop a star for some great work. He came in after JMac had just given up 6 runs to tie it at 7. He quieted down the Padre bats, working 2 perfect innings and striking out two, to keep the Bucs in the game, and was in line for the win if Watson did not give up the HR later.

STAR #2: Garrett Jones goes 2-4 with a solo HR and three runs scored.

STAR #1: Travis Snider goes 2-5, with a big 3 run blast to lead the offense.

STANDINGS
Cutch 99
Burnett 82
Walker 65.5
Alvarez 65.5
GJones 56
McDonald 53.5
McKenry 43
Correia 41
Presley 34.5
Harrison 32
Tabata 32