Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 8/3 Pirates 60-44 @ Reds (64-41)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:58 pm 

Animal wrote:
Bob in Boston wrote:
Where did it hit him?

That's gonna leave a mark!

Never mind. Just saw it on Baseball Tonight.

Maybe it was payback for the Bucs roughing him up earlier this season?

It any event, it needs to be responded to. They cannot allow it to go unchallenged.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:59 pm 

RTJR wrote:
Grilli? Start Hanrahan if we're going that route. 98MPH fastball off the kneecap.

I'm not sure Hanrahan could hit someone right now if he wanted to.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:01 pm 

Forget about a retaliation bean.

It's possible that the Reds did it to 'get into the Pirates head' and 'get them off their game'. Retaliating might accomplish just that---making it more about some dumb personal rivalry than about winning ballgames.

Just beat their brains out tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:03 pm 

NSMaster56 wrote:

It's possible that the Reds did it to 'get into the Pirates head' and 'get them off their game'. Retaliating might accomplish just that---making it more about some dumb personal rivalry than about winning ballgames.

I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. Somebody has to go down for that one, or you might as well fold up your tent and forfeit the rest of your games.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:04 pm 

NSMaster56 wrote:

I loved Cutch's reaction. He had to be hurting but he refused to show it. Not only is he the MVP, he is becoming a helluva leader.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:04 pm 

MoTownWV wrote:
NSMaster56 wrote:

I loved Cutch's reaction. He had to be hurting but he refused to show it. Not only is he the MVP, he is becoming a helluva leader.

He's a pro, no doubt about it. I'd have curled up in a ball and cried for my mommie on that one.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:05 pm 

The only thing it's going to do is get the team fired up. JMac might not need to have a return to form :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:05 pm 

MoTownWV wrote:
As fired up as I am over Cutch getting drilled, I am still absolutely steaming over Barmes hitting into that double play. If they run him out there again tomorrow, I am going to go ape shit.

Barmes sucks & having Barajas then him then the pitcher in the lineup in a row kills us. It is literally 12 outs per game minimum we pretty much give away. THAT LEAVES US only 15 outs to work with or 5 innings over a game. They just KILL our offense.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:09 pm 

Mister Pittsburgh wrote:
MoTownWV wrote:
As fired up as I am over Cutch getting drilled, I am still absolutely steaming over Barmes hitting into that double play. If they run him out there again tomorrow, I am going to go ape shit.

Barmes sucks & having Barajas then him then the pitcher in the lineup in a row kills us. It is literally 12 outs per game minimum we pretty much give away. THAT LEAVES US only 15 outs to work with or 5 innings over a game. They just KILL our offense.

Barmes has been hitting .240 for two months now. He's still not a good hitter, but he isn't an automatic out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:11 pm 

Mister Pittsburgh wrote:
MoTownWV wrote:

That is what pissed me off about the double play ball. Not only did it kill a potential rally, it left the pitcher to lead off the next inning. We would have been better off if he stood there and took three pitches. Wandy got a hit in his next at bat but even of he would have got out at least you would have started the next inning with your lead off hitter. Do
Anything except hit a double play ball.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:15 pm 

First pitch to the lead off hitter goes in his earhole unless warnings are issued before the game, which is a strong possibility.
Best thing that could've happened to the Bucs as long as Cutch is fine. Absolutely stupid move by the Reds...should've let the sleeping dog lie...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:20 pm 

I really hope the umps let what should happen happen. If they give warnings before the game then they let the Reds get away with that chickenshit move.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:23 pm 

sisyphus wrote:
NSMaster56 wrote:

I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. Somebody has to go down for that one, or you might as well fold up your tent and forfeit the rest of your games.

I think I tend to agree with NSMaster. Beat them the next two. That would be the best way to show them!

Also, does anybody want to give any defense to Chapman? Is he not allowed to pitch inside to a tough hitter? THoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:26 pm 

RoxyChar wrote:
I really hope the umps let what should happen happen. If they give warnings before the game then they let the Reds get away with that chickenshit move.

It's part of the game and I get really pissed when the umps start that pre-warning and quick tossing stuff. I think it has gotten a little better the last couple of years but there were a few seasons where the batters were coming to the plated roid raging, wearing suit of armor and crowding the plate and the pitchers ignored the inside part of the plate because the umps wanted to toss the pitchers for throwing inside.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:27 pm 

Animal wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
NSMaster56 wrote:

I think I tend to agree with NSMaster. Beat them the next two. That would be the best way to show them!

Also, does anybody want to give any defense to Chapman? Is he not allowed to pitch inside to a tough hitter? THoughts?

Gotta drill someone early on. If they give pre game warnings that is bullshit and JMac should drill someone close to his exit from the game.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:28 pm 

Animal wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
NSMaster56 wrote:

If it was an accident, he should of gestured some form of an apology or concern for Cutch.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:33 pm 

MoTownWV wrote:
Animal wrote:

If it was an accident, he should of gestured some form of an apology or concern for Cutch.

Yeah. You have a point there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:34 pm 

MoTownWV wrote:
RoxyChar wrote:

It's part of the game and I get really pissed when the umps start that pre-warning and quick tossing stuff. I think it has gotten a little better the last couple of years but there were a few seasons where the batters were coming to the plated roid raging, wearing suit of armor and crowding the plate and the pitchers ignored the inside part of the plate because the umps wanted to toss the pitchers for throwing inside.

Yeah I really hope the umpiring crew gets together tonight or tomorrow and talks it over and does the right thing. Just let some Reds scrub come up and take his drilling and have it be over with. Otherwise, they tacitly approve of what that chickenshit did.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:40 pm 

What was the point to throwing at Cutch? I'm just confused.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:40 pm 

Btw, why the fuck are the umps on charge of deciding the game played between hundreds of millions of dollars of talent all 60+ years old? For the play at the plate that old bastard positioned himself in the only place he couldn't see the play at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next