Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's Goat and Stars for 07/29
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:36 pm 

You can't win 'em all. This team still hung in there till the end. Start a new streak tomorrow! Some other points to consider about this team after watching today's game...and this is as good a place as any to list it. 1) This team needs the pre June 2011 Jose Tabata. Come on Jose, get your shit together! 2) Garrett Jones has more raw power than anybody on this team not named Alvarez. Usually is adequate in RF, but that shot today was an adventure. I thought he blew out his collarbone when he fell. 3) Not sure I want Correia around any longer. Not sure if the effort was there today or not..but if you cannot trade him, even for a low prospect, then it may be best just to let him go when Cruz is healthy and ready for activation. 4) Even down as big as they were, this team kept fighting, which is great to see. This offense owes JMac a lot for what they did to him early in the season. 5) Maybe Hurdle DOES not something in putting Barmes at SS every day. Right now, Mercer does nothing for this team. Send him down and bring up a bat. The time is now for Clement!

Now, onto the stuff!

STARTER: JMac was horrible. Very, very horrible. Six hits, 7 BB, 5 Runs. Just 5 innings.

LOSER: JMac takes the loss, dropping to 10-5, 3.38 ERA. HIs last 4 starts have been less than good, but if I had asked you if you would take a 10-5 record with 3.38 ERA from JMac by the end of July, I bet you would have taken it.

GOAT: Tough choice. JMac. Correia who gave up 4 runs in just 2 innings, essentially ending any chance of a comeback, or Cutch who left the bases loaded in a PH appearance, which may have changed the game entirely. I am actually giving JMac and Correia dual goat horns.

STAR #3: JHay went 2-2 off the bench, with a double and a couple runs.

STAR #2: Jones went 1-5 with another monster HR, a two run shot that gave the Bucs their only lead of the day.

STAR #1: Walker went 1-3, plus a walk...doubled, drove in two and scored one.

STANDINGS
Cutch 92.5
Burnett 69
Alvarez 65
Walker 59.5
McDonald 55.5
GJones 50.5
Correia 37.5
Presley 33.5
McHenry 32
Tabata 32
Barajas 30.5