Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's Goat and Stars for 07/06
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:23 am 

You can't win em all...and you have to figure, the Bucs will need lots and lots and lots of runs, and lots and lots and lots of bullpen guys every five days when Bedard hits takes the mound.

STARTER: Bedard. Horrible Start, yet again. The Bucs give him a three run lead, and her promptly goes out and give up 5. Just 3.2 innings. 4 hits, 3 walks, 5 runs. Ugly!

LOSER: Bedard drops to 4-10 (oh wait, records mean nothing, right?) ERA is now 4.80. (Oh, but he can strike guys out...I forgot) Get him out of there!

GOAT: Bedard, who else?

Star #3: Harrison set the table at leadoff, going 2-2 plus a walk,scoring two runs. Unfortunately, his error hurt us a little, so he only gets #3 star. Would love to see him get a few starts in a row there though!

Star #2: Resop. One of the board's favorite whipping boys (which sometimes baffles me) came in with guys on second and third, after Bedard surrendered our lead and gave up 5 runs. He got out of it with no further damage, and went on to pitch 2.1 innings, no hits, 3 K's...giving the Bucs a chance to come back.

Star #1: Starting to really get some recognition around the league, Cutch went 3-5 with a triple, a run, and 2 RBI. His average is up to .360!!!

Honorable Mention: McGehee and Pedro do their best to help the comeback with solo HRs. Hughes helps out the pen with 2 solid, scoreless innings.

STANDINGS
Cutch 74.5
Alvarez 56.5
Burnett 55.5
McDonald 52.5
Walker 41.5
GJones 36.25
Tabata 32
Presley 28.5
Correia 28.5
Barajas 26
Harrison 26
McGehee 23.5
McHenry 23
Lincoln 22
Barmes 21
Hanrahan 19.5
Grilli 15
Watson 14.5
Hughes 13.75
Karstens 13
Cruz 12.5
Bedard 17.5
Hague 10
Resop 5.75
Sutton 5.5
Morton 4.5
Meek 3.25
Slaten 3
Navarro 3.0
McLouth 2.5
Hernandez 1.0
Mercer 0.5

Last edited by Animal on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Animal's Goat and Stars for 07/07
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:17 pm 

Maybe it's just me, but Cruz really upset me when he gave up that last run. I know Bedard got us in that situation, but we may have been in a tie game if Cruz does his job.

Post subject: Re: Animal's Goat and Stars for 07/07
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 am 

Kevin the Bucco wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but Cruz really upset me when he gave up that last run. I know Bedard got us in that situation, but we may have been in a tie game if Cruz does his job.

Well Kevin, unless we have a huge lead, it hurts when ANY of the relievers give up a run.; But these guys aren't perfect. I have seen a lot of criticism here, and the callers on the talk show bitch and bitch about Cruz and Resop. (Not saying that is what YOU are doing)..but truth be told, these guys have been okay. Cruz was great the early part of the season, perhaps our best reliever.

These guys may be the two worst guys in our fantastic bullpen, but still they are mostly getting the job done.

Cruz's main killer has been walks....but he is 1-1 with 2.76 ERA. He has pitched 29 innings, given up 14 walks, but has 23 K's.

Resop is 0-3 3.35. He has pitched 43 innings, has 17 walks and 31 K's.

I don't have stats handy about inherited runners, but if my mind serves me correctly, I don't these these numbers are particularly bad either.

These guys are what they are. Veteran guys who have bounced around. Failed starters, which makes them relievers. Middle relievers who are doing the job more often than not.