Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's Stars for the Third of July....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:58 pm 

WOW! JUST WOW! What more can I say?? WOW! This team is not. This team is fun. This team is HAVING fun. Loved the Sutton interview after the game. He said the team made him feel welcome immediately and a great group of guys. Let's get to it!

STARTER: AJ just did not have the stuff tonight. He battled. He tried to keep us in the game...but he gave up 12 hits and 6 runs in just 5 innings. Earlier in the year, this would be a 9-1 loss! Even still, I am calling this a wash for AJ. No points, positive or negative.

Hold: Grilli gets credit for a hold.

Blown Save: Hanrahan blows the save tonight. It's gonna happen every once in a while. It's great when your teammates can pick you up! Shades of the Reds game and what the Bucs did to Andolis Chapman after what I believe was Hannie's last blown save!

WIN: After blowing the save, Hanrahan gets the win!

Star #3: It was just one at bat, one pinch hit appearance, but Pedro earns the #3 star with a fantastic at bat, fouling off pitches, taking borderline balls, then driving a two-run single. I think I heard Walkie say that was his first pinch hit RBI.

STAR #2: Garrett Freaken' Jones!!!! Garrett went 2-4 with a monster 2 run HR...WOW! He has been hitting great lately. Up to .270 with 12 HR and 36 RBI.

STAR #1: The newest member of the Pirate organization Drew Sutton!!!! Forget the 3-5 and 2 runs scored! His walk off HR to CF was just what the Doctor ordered. Doctor Drew?? Hmmmm. It is great for guys like this to come through when needed. Sutton is quickly moving up the "Star Standings".

Honorable Mention: Geez, just about everybody!!! First off, I want to start with the three relievers who came in prior to Hanrahan. One of the boards favorite whipping boys, Resop came in with guys on first and second in the 6th. No outs, Bucs down by a score of 5-2. He got out of it with just a Sac Fly scoring a run. The Bucs then scored three in the bottom of the inning. Cruz then came in down by a run, K'd two guys and was perfect! Then the Bucs scored two more, giving them the lead, and Grilli came in with his regular magic, striking out 2 in his one inning of work. So, HM for Resop, Cruz, and Grilli. And with a 3-4 night, with a HR, 2 runs, and 2 RBI, plus taking over the league lead for batting average... He is now hitting .360 with 16 HR and 54 RBI, and we are not even to the half-way point yet!...Cutch only gets an Honorable Mention! Amazing! McGehee adds two hits, a run and an RBI to earn an HM...and a great defensively play saving a run in the 8th! (I actually missed that!)

STANDINGS
Cutch 71.5
Burnett 55.5
Alvarez 54
McDonald 52.5
Walker 41.5
GJones 33.25
Tabata 32
Presley 28.5
Barajas 26
Harrison 25
Correia 25
McGehee 22
Lincoln 21.75
Barmes 21
McHenry 20
Hanrahan 18.5
Bedard 17.5
Grilli 14.75
Watson 14.5
Hughes 13.25
Cruz 12.5
Hague 10
Karstens 6
Sutton 5.5
Morton 4.5
Resop 3.75
Meek 3.25
Slaten 3
Navarro 3.0
McLouth 2.5
Hernandez 1.0
Mercer 0.5

Last edited by Animal on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Animal's Stars for the Third of July....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:00 am 

EDITED. I missed the #3 star. HUGE hit by Pedro!

Last edited by Tommy Gunn on Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Animal's Stars for the Third of July....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:02 am 

Animal: Don't forget to give McGhee credit for that beautiful diving stop and cannon throw to first to retire Houston's first batter in the 8th, saving a lead off double.