Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's Stars For 06/29
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:41 am 

WOW! WHAT A GAME! A STAR FOR EVERYBODY! Exciting! Very Very Exciting! Nice to see them tear into the SL Bullpen. Hopefully it can affect the next two games!

STARTER: Well, it wasn't his best...but Correia muddled through 5 innings, but he gave up 5 earned runs. Feeling gracious tonight, I will call this an OK start.

WIN: Well, going 5 innings tonight was enough to get Correia the win.

STAR #3: So many candidates...but I am going with Pedro. Well, he only went 1-5, with a three-run double, plus a bases loaded walk. The bases loaded double put the Bucs back in the game, after being down 5-2. He also made a couple pretty nice defensive plays. To me, that earns the #3 star. His 4 RBI give him 40 for the season...not too shabby for how bad he has looked at certain times.

STAR #2: Garrett Jones went 2-4 with a 2 run HR. He hit the third HR of the sixth inning to put the game out of reach. This team has really started winning when Jones started hitting like he did his rookie year. Up to double digits in HRs.

STAR #1: CUTCH! He went 4-5 with a double, a HR, plus a walk....3 RBI and 4 Runs. His BA is up to .344 with 15 HR and 51 RBI.

Honorable Mentions: There are many HMs to go around tonight! First off, some love for the pitching. The Bucs already had a nice lead when he came in, but Lincoln slammed the door. He ended up going 3 scoreless innnings, just one hit, 4 Ks...also had a single and scored a run. Tabata went 2-4, plus 2 walks and scored 3 runs. Looks like he had a little better concentration tonight. Neil Walker went 3-5. plus a walk, 2 RBI, and a run. He got it going for us early on tonight..in first inning...what a game, and the best he can get is an HM? Ridiculous!!!! Barmes went 2-5 with a solo HR. Presley came off tbe bench to hit a PH solo HR..and went on to finish 2-3 with 2 runs.

STANDINGS
Cutch 68
Burnett 55.5
McDonald 49.5
Alvarez 49.5
Walker 39
Tabata 32
GJones 27.5
Presley 27.5
Barajas 26
Harrison 25
Correia 25
Lincoln 21.75
Bedard 21.5
McGehee 20.5
McHenry 19
Hanrahan 18
Barmes 18
Watson 14.5
Grilli 13.75
Hughes 12.75
Cruz 12
Hague 10
Morton 4.5
Meek 3.25
Slaten 3
Navarro 3.0
Resop 2.75
McLouth 2.5
Sutton 1.5
Hernandez 1.0
Mercer 0.5
Karstens 0

Post subject: Re: Animal's Stars For 06/29
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:54 am 

Animal wrote:
WOW! WHAT A GAME! A STAR FOR EVERYBODY! Exciting! Very Very Exciting! Nice to see them tear into the SL Bullpen. Hopefully it can affect the next two games!

STARTER: Well, it wasn't his best...but Correia muddled through 5 innings, but he gave up 5 earned runs. Feeling gracious tonight, I will call this an OK start.

STAR #3: So many candidates...but I am going with Pedro. Well, he only went 1-5, with a three-run double, plus a bases loaded walk. The bases loaded double put the Bucs back in the game, after being down 5-2. He also made a couple pretty nice defensive plays. To me, that earns the #3 star. His 4 RBI give him 40 for the season...not too shabby for how bad he has looked at certain times.

STAR #2: Garrett Jones went 2-4 with a 2 run HR. He hit the third HR of the sixth inning to put the game out of reach. This team has really started winning when Jones started hitting like he did his rookie year. Up to double digits in HRs.

STAR #1: CUTCH! He went 4-5 with a double, a HR, plus a walk....3 RBI and 4 Runs. His BA is up to .344 with 15 HR and 51 RBI.

Honorable Mentions: There are many HMs to go around tonight! First off, some love for the pitching. The Bucs already had a nice lead when he came in, but Lincoln slammed the door. He ended up going 3 scoreless innnings, just one hit, 4 Ks...also had a single and scored a run. Tabata went 2-4, plus 2 walks and scored 3 runs. Looks like he had a little better concentration tonight. Neil Walker went 3-5. plus a walk, 2 RBI, and a run. He got it going for us early on tonight..in first inning...what a game, and the best he can get is an HM? Ridiculous!!!! Barmes went 2-5 with a solo HR. Presley came off tbe bench to hit a PH solo HR..and went on to finish 2-3 with 2 runs.

STANDINGS
Cutch 68
Burnett 55.5
McDonald 49.5
Alvarez 49.5
Walker 39
Tabata 32
GJones 27.5
Presley 27.5
Barajas 26
Harrison 25
Correia 25
Lincoln 21.75
Bedard 21.5
McGehee 20.5
McHenry 19
Hanrahan 18
Barmes 18
Watson 14.5
Grilli 13.75
Hughes 12.75
Cruz 12
Hague 10
Morton 4.5
Meek 3.25
Slaten 3
Navarro 3.0
Resop 2.75
McLouth 2.5
Sutton 1.5
Hernandez 1.0
Mercer 0.5
Karstens 0

Okay, so I see your point on Lincoln. But hear me out on Pedro vs Cutch for that #1 star. I know Pedro only had the 1 hit but that hit tied the game at 5. Cutch had the homer but all of his RBI's were kind of meaningless compared to Pedro's game tying double.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:58 am 

rellimie wrote:
Animal wrote:

STANDINGS
Cutch 68
Burnett 55.5
McDonald 49.5
Alvarez 49.5
Walker 39
Tabata 32
GJones 27.5
Presley 27.5
Barajas 26
Harrison 25
Correia 25
Lincoln 21.75
Bedard 21.5
McGehee 20.5
McHenry 19
Hanrahan 18
Barmes 18
Watson 14.5
Grilli 13.75
Hughes 12.75
Cruz 12
Hague 10
Morton 4.5
Meek 3.25
Slaten 3
Navarro 3.0
Resop 2.75
McLouth 2.5
Sutton 1.5
Hernandez 1.0
Mercer 0.5
Karstens 0

Okay, so I see your point on Lincoln. But hear me out on Pedro vs Cutch for that #1 star. I know Pedro only had the 1 hit but that hit tied the game at 5. Cutch had the homer but all of his RBI's were kind of meaningless compared to Pedro's game tying double.

I understand your point, but really, can you call 4 hits, 4 runs, 3 RBI, a HR and a double meaningless?? I know Pedro's hit was big and tied it up, but still gotta go with Pedro-Jones-Cutch!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:44 am 

I agree with Animals stars today.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 am 

Cutch was on base 5 times. That's worthy of a #1 star.