Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's Stars For 05/21
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:25 pm 

PIRATES WIN! PIRATES WIN! PIRATES WIN! PIRATES WIN!

I am giving the #1 star to me, because even after getting down 4-0 to Santana, I had faith!

STARTER: Bedard...was OK in first. Horrible in 2nd. Ok in 3rd. Good in 4th. Good in 5th. 4 outta 5 ain't bad? As much as I want to, I cannot give him a good start, or even an OK start. It was just one bad inning, but 4 runs in 5 innings ain't gonna cut it. Sorry Bedard. Calling this one a wash!

WIN: Hughes was the right pitcher at the right time! He was a little shakey with a walk and a hit, plus a wild pitch, but managed to get out of his one inning unscathed, thanks to some good D from Pedro. He pitched the right inning as the Bucs scored in the bottom to give him the win. .

Save: Hanrahan. One of his best outings of the season. 13 pitches. 9 strikes. That makes all the difference.

Onto the many stars.

Star # 3: Cutch goes 2-4 with a double, a run scored, and a run driven in. Unfortunately, he struck out with game on the line, but the Bucs picked him up later.

Star #2: Giving a little love to Barmes. 1-2 with a hit and a walk, and scored a run....then hit the sac fly to win the game in the bottom of the 8th. Solid D.

Star #1: THE FORT! Michael McHenry hit the unlikely 2-run HR off of Santana to bring the Bucs all the way back from a 4-0 deficit.

Honorable Mentions. I am passing out a lot, with explanations. I am giving one to Bedard. He did not have his best stuff all night and managed to only go 5 innings. He sucked in the second, but hung tough and got through three more without any more damage. If he did not slam the door at that point, we don't win. Also got a hit. The entire bullpen tonight gets HMs, putting in 4 scoreless innings. Resop 1.1 inns. Watson 0.2 inn. Hughes 1 inn. Hanrahan 1 inn. Anything less than a perfect bullpen and we don't earn this comeback win. Josh Harrison, our new leftfielder. Playing the position for the first time in years, he went 1-4, but got the double in the 4th that got us going, scoring our first run, when Cutch doubled behind him. Pedro. So-so night. Just 1-4 with a run scoring double, but failed in a couple other important at bats. Also made a spectacular play in the 8th to keep the Mets off the board. Without that, we lose. And giving Walker an HM. Had a double, then hustled it into third when CF dropped the ball, subsequently scoring the winning run with a nice slide on a sac fly. But Neil...what the hell was that bunt attempt? Did you do that on your own??

STANDINGS
Cutch 33
McDonald 26.5
Alvarez 26
Tabata 21.5
Walker 21
Burnett 20.5
Lincoln 20
Presley 17.5
Bedard 17
Harrison 15
Correia 12.5
Barajas 11.5
Cruz 11
GJones 10
Barmes 10
Watson 8.5
Hanrahan 8.5
McHenry 7
Morton 7
Grilli 7
Hughes 6.25
McGeehee 5.5
Karstens 4.0
Meek 3.25
Navarro 3.0
McLouth 2.5
Resop 1.75
Hague 1.0

Post subject: Re: Animal's Stars For 05/21
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 am 

Funny thing about Santana. Is it me, or do the Bucs own his ass? I remember one of the few bright spots in '10 was when we tatooed him for about 8 runs!

Post subject: Re: Animal's Stars For 05/21
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:38 am 

Corsair wrote:
Funny thing about Santana. Is it me, or do the Bucs own his ass? I remember one of the few bright spots in '10 was when we tatooed him for about 8 runs!

We do that to a few good pitchers. The one I always remember us killing was Zambrano...