Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:46 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bucs vs Cards
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:47 pm 

Animal wrote:
Thunder wrote:
Here is what having a bad teammate looks like.

http://www.star-telegram.com/284/story/1527279.html

We haven't seen any of these articles in Pittsburgh.

No, but they have seen them in Washington and New York. How long will it be until we see it in Pittsburgh.

If there have been articles about how Milledge is a bad teammate in Washington and New York they shouldn't be hard to find and post here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:50 pm 

omgardd wrote:
If there have been articles about how Milledge is a bad teammate in Washington and New York they shouldn't be hard to find and post here.

Haven't you heard? Lastings Milledge also goes by the name "Elijah Dukes" and has been arrested 7 times.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:53 pm 

Yeah. I'm afraid no matter how much you have to tell this dunce that, and point out how wrong he is over and over and over and over again, he will never lose his hard on for Lastings Milledge.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:10 pm 

omgardd wrote:
Animal wrote:
Thunder wrote:
Here is what having a bad teammate looks like.

http://www.star-telegram.com/284/story/1527279.html

We haven't seen any of these articles in Pittsburgh.

No, but they have seen them in Washington and New York. How long will it be until we see it in Pittsburgh.

It is. His problems with teammates have been well documented. No need to rehash them here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:12 pm 

Sure. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:20 pm 

Animal wrote:
omgardd wrote:

It is. His problems with teammates have been well documented. No need to rehash them here.

That's a cop-out, Animal. The fact that you've been called to show us articles about how Milledge is a bad teammate and still have not shown them says to me that you are talking out of your ass. It's time to put up or shut up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:44 pm 

Willton wrote:
Animal wrote:
omgardd wrote:

That's a cop-out, Animal. The fact that you've been called to show us articles about how Milledge is a bad teammate and still have not shown them says to me that you are talking out of your ass. It's time to put up or shut up.

Lets hope for shut up...this whole thing is very tired...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:00 pm 

Willton wrote:
Animal wrote:
omgardd wrote:

I've shown them over and over. Yes, I did err when I somehow ended up with an article about Dukes and all his children, but admitted so.

The rest of the stuff about Milledge and his problems, getting kicked out of school, having problems with teammates, etc, have been well documented. No cop out. They have been posted here. They have been discussed. Believe what you want. All hail Lastings Milledge!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:59 am 

Animal wrote:
I've shown them over and over. Yes, I did err when I somehow ended up with an article about Dukes and all his children, but admitted so.

The rest of the stuff about Milledge and his problems, getting kicked out of school, having problems with teammates, etc, have been well documented. No cop out. They have been posted here. They have been discussed. Believe what you want. All hail Lastings Milledge!

If they are well documented, then you should have no problem finding such documentation and posting a link or two here. The fact that you can't or have not shows that you are talking out of your ass.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:37 am 

Willton wrote:
The losing streak is just a symptom of the game of baseball. Plenty of teams go through winning and losing streaks. I remember when the Dodgers had a 11-game losing streak and ended up winning the NL West. The fact that the Pirates are going through one now is not somehow indicative of their talent level. Sometimes the losses that a team like this is expected to have just appear consecutively. Losing streaks are a drag to watch, but they happen. Big deal.

Sure every team will have streaks during a season but with 162 games, the talent level is indicative of the final record. Now explain losing 17 years in a row with no end in sight "is a just symptom of the game of baseball."

"Losing... The final frontier...
These are the voyages of the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Its continuing mission:
To explore strange new worlds of failure...
To seek out new ways to lose; new rebuilding plans...
To boldly go where no team has gone before!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:11 am 

From Dejean following the other day's game:

Feel compelled to note that, given all the attention that is sure to accompany Lastings Milledge's intangibles for some time to come, to this one set of eyes, he has appeared to be faring quite well.

On the field early yesterday afternoon, I saw him run in the Coors Field outfield to ask strength coach Frank Velasquez what he could do extra. I saw him participate with enthusiasm in all team activities on the field, mostly serious but with the occasional laugh and smile. I saw him step into the batter's box and tap catcher Chris Iannetta's shin guards before the first at-bat.

Little stuff, but it all adds up.

Oh, and he had a double and a really nice catch in the game, too, after which he and Andrew McCutchen shared a visibly happy moment sprinting off the field.

What a horrible teammate. Sure hope Cutch keeps far far away from this character. Tapping the opposing catcher's shinpads! Get rid of him! I'm sure he went out after the game and fathered three kids and listened to that crazy yeah-yeah music with all the curse words!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:40 am 

Quote:
I'm sure he went out after the game and fathered three kids

Reminds me of "Steve Garvey is not my Padre." :D