Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: June 26, 2009 Royals (31-40) at Pirates (33-39)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:37 pm 

There is only one "Great One" and he doesn't play for the Royals. He was #21 and played right field for the Pirates.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:40 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
There is only one "Great One" and he doesn't play for the Royals. He was #21 and played right field for the Pirates.

Each team has their own great one.

And gee now you are calling Brandon Moss the great one and getting his number wrong....

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:47 pm 

No knucklehead, that would be Clemente and if you were a student of the game you would know that that is what he was known as. :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:50 pm 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
No knucklehead, that would be Clemente and if you were a student of the game you would know that that is what he was known as. :(

It was sarcasm which I thought you knew enough to relize it when you saw it. Since you use it more then anyone. :roll:

Your a grown man fighting with a high schooler on the internet. Because he thinks the Jason Bay deal was bad. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:03 am 

Look ryann, I don't think anyone questions your passion for the team and your hope for a winning team. When I was your age, that would be 1969, the Pirates had been to the World Series once in the previous 42 years. I was 6 at the time. There was not internet, no cable and the only time you could see the game if you didn't live in Pittsburgh was on the Game of the Week maybe twice a season. We would visit my grandparents in Natrona Heights once a summer and would plan it when the Bucs were at home. Winning wasn't a big issue. Going to a Major League game was. I would have given my left huevo to have the access that someone your age has in these times. Learn to look at the glass as half full, not half empty. You have a long life in front of you and if you learn to be more positive. You will be better for it in the long run.

And one other thing and I am not trying to be a jerk about this. You cannot call people jerks and morons when your mastery of the English language is so poor. You lose all your credibility. Use your spell check and put a dictionary next to the keyboard. As much as you post, it will be like having a tutorial and you will benefit in the long run. Really, it will.

Peace out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:07 am 

I think my spelling and grammer is Ok for typing on a Pirates message board. It can get bad though when people edit my posts and reword them...

Look where fans born since 1990 are though. The Pirates have lost a large portion of fans born from 1990-1997.
If they lose for another 3 more years they will have basiclly lost a decade of fans because of their constant losing.

Look how many other kids are on this site. None because there isn't many true young pirate fans.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:11 am 

You make two good points there but I must respectfully disagree about your grammar and spelling. It simply kills your credibility with the adult members. It makes it tough for poeple to take you seriously. You will have a hard time getting the benefit of the doubt. You might be surprised at the educational and professional level of this board.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:19 am 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
You make two good points there but I must respectfully disagree about your grammar and spelling. It simply kills your credibility with the adult members. It makes it tough for poeple to take you seriously. You will have a hard time getting the benefit of the doubt. You might be surprised at the educational and professional level of this board.

You make mistakes aswell.

You spelled "people" wrong in that statement.
Everyone here has typos and I do aswell but mine are astronomically highlighted by everyone here when I do because I am younger.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:23 am 

Well, I tried to help you.
Good night and aux revoir.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:51 am 

Az Bucco fan wrote:
Terrible call by the 2B umpire. Just awful.

Awful is an understatement.
Morgan beat the throw.
The tag was "phantom."
Even if the ump was fooled by the "phantom" tag, the supposed tag was high up on Morgan's leg.
Horrible call. Flat out blown.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:16 am 

Well i gave up on doing a game report live from the game on my cell phone because it was taking up too much time. Also the reason i am so late getting to this is because i ran into 3 sobriety checkpoint along the way home. I live about 40 minutes away from PNC and i left the Pittsburgh area alittle before 1am because we weren't out to eat after the game, and then we ran into 3 checkpoints along the way, each one of them look about an hour each. So i got home about 30 minutes ago. Also i was sitting in section 124. I didn't get great seats because i only decided about a week ago i wanted to go to the game.
Well here is how things looks from my angle...
This was a very fun game to see live. I don't understand how people can't like interleague.
Virgil Vazquez didn't look too good through the first two innings, but then he got into one hell of a groove. He looked like an all-star from the 3rd through the 6th. I hope he gets a couple more starts. It was very bright and hard for the players to see before the sun went down. The long ball was the story of the night for the hitters. We didn't really get alot of hits, but we took advantage of our opportunities very well. The double play with Freddy was great, and the call with Nyjer at second was complete bullsh!t, he was safe and never tagged.
Onto the 9th inning, and in comes the blob aka Matt Capps to close this 5-2 game out. Capps got through the first two pretty quick and people started to leave thinking it was already over, but i realized that wasn't a good pitcher out there it's the blob, so i stayed in my seat to watch the final out. The final out was a story in it's own right. Matt gives up a homerun, then he have some motor skill issues and he can't put his foot down on first base, so that runner reaches. Then the blob gives up a single. So two on and the power hitting Mike Jacobs comes to the plate. Luckily the homeplate umpire has issues with his contact lenses or something because he called 2 pitches that should have been balls strikes, but i wont complain about that.
All in all it was a great game and fun to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:25 am 

From Milano, sitting in section "my sofa", the game was really incredible!!! The only question is why we have to suffer everytime at 9th inning to close a game? Is Pirates dangerous for the people that have weak heart?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:34 am 

The Italian bucco wrote:
From Milano, sitting in section "my sofa", the game was really incredible!!! The only question is why we have to suffer everytime at 9th inning to close a game? Is Pirates dangerous for the people that have weak heart?

Yeah they need to have a warning or something come on the screen before games.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:11 am 
 WWW  Profile

Colin21 wrote:
Well i gave up on doing a game report live from the game on my cell phone because it was taking up too much time. Also the reason i am so late getting to this is because i ran into 3 sobriety checkpoint along the way home. I live about 40 minutes away from PNC and i left the Pittsburgh area alittle before 1am because we weren't out to eat after the game, and then we ran into 3 checkpoints along the way, each one of them look about an hour each. So i got home about 30 minutes ago. Also i was sitting in section 124. I didn't get great seats because i only decided about a week ago i wanted to go to the game.
Well here is how things looks from my angle...
This was a very fun game to see live. I don't understand how people can't like interleague.
Virgil Vazquez didn't look too good through the first two innings, but then he got into one hell of a groove. He looked like an all-star from the 3rd through the 6th. I hope he gets a couple more starts. It was very bright and hard for the players to see before the sun went down. The long ball was the story of the night for the hitters. We didn't really get alot of hits, but we took advantage of our opportunities very well. The double play with Freddy was great, and the call with Nyjer at second was complete bullsh!t, he was safe and never tagged.
Onto the 9th inning, and in comes the blob aka Matt Capps to close this 5-2 game out. Capps got through the first two pretty quick and people started to leave thinking it was already over, but i realized that wasn't a good pitcher out there it's the blob, so i stayed in my seat to watch the final out. The final out was a story in it's own right. Matt gives up a homerun, then he have some motor skill issues and he can't put his foot down on first base, so that runner reaches. Then the blob gives up a single. So two on and the power hitting Mike Jacobs comes to the plate. Luckily the homeplate umpire has issues with his contact lenses or something because he called 2 pitches that should have been balls strikes, but i wont complain about that.
All in all it was a great game and fun to watch.

Three checkpoints? Where were you driving to run into that many check points?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:15 am 

Quote:

I ran into my first one on I-79, then my second on route 60 right after the Robinson exit, then the 3rd was on route 51 in Chippewa Township(you might not know where that is, it is about 7 miles from where i live). It was rough, and it made me mad because there were so many people failing the test, and i am just sitting there sober wanting to get home.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:22 am 

Colin21 wrote:
Quote:

I ran into my first one on I-79, then my second on route 60 right after the Robinson exit, then the 3rd was on route 51 in Chippewa Township(you might not know where that is, it is about 7 miles from where i live). It was rough, and it made me mad because there were so many people failing the test, and i am just sitting there sober wanting to get home.

Do they have special nights at random where they just have them everywhere?
I had never run into more than one in a night before.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:54 am 

I think they find the checkpoints net a lot of drunk drivers after any game that Capps closes...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:41 am 

Also i forgot

The Streak continues.
3 in a row
Attachment:
streaking.jpg
streaking.jpg [ 11.61 KiB | Viewed 264 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:04 pm 
 WWW  Profile

That's insane to run into 3 in one night. I know that they have been working on cracking down on DUIs recently. I was surprised that I didn't run into one on the Southside last night.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:12 pm 

I am beginning to have my doubts about Capps being a top notch closer. I might be alone in that opinion but he is not a lights out guy. The Mike Williams analogy was appropriate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next