Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:42 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 am
Posts: 1403
Location: Eastern Shore
Kind of a modern-day Murderer's Row here for the bottom of the ninth....

Edit: No, it wasn't. Nicely done, Justin


Last edited by val on Tue May 28, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:42 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2220
buccosfan77 wrote:
Hurdle is being out coached. Terrible moves in this game late. Hopefully the players on the field pull this out...ha


I felt he got out managed yesterday as well. Why we lost.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:45 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2220
In a game like this when Pedro could come up big with one swing of the bat, but..........


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:47 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5557
val wrote:
Kind of a modern-day Murderer's Row here for the bottom of the ninth....


Yuuuuuuuuuuuup.

Terrible situation for poor JW, but he TCB.

Unless he gets the W, what he just accomplished won't show off on any stat sheet and it's a shame.

Clutch.

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:48 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2220
Whew!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:49 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am
Posts: 533
Location: Oregon
Ortega about ended wearing that one as an ear bud. Good knock Martin.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:52 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2220
He almost took taco boys head right off.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6155
Location: Keystone State
Swing the bat Gabby. Jeez. A walk means nothing in that situation. Pure stupidity.

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Posts: 4983
Location: Washington, DC
bucco boy wrote:
Swing the bat Gabby. Jeez. A walk means nothing in that situation. Pure stupidity.


Not stupidity. He was looking fastball with a 3-2 count. He got a slider. Good pitch.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2220
Dammit gaby!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:56 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2220
Time for mercer to shine.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6155
Location: Keystone State
J_C_Steel wrote:
bucco boy wrote:
Swing the bat Gabby. Jeez. A walk means nothing in that situation. Pure stupidity.


Not stupidity. He was looking fastball with a 3-2 count. He got a slider. Good pitch.


Don't look anything. Swing the bat. A walk is meaningless. STUPIDITY!

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Posts: 4983
Location: Washington, DC
bucco boy wrote:
J_C_Steel wrote:
bucco boy wrote:
Swing the bat Gabby. Jeez. A walk means nothing in that situation. Pure stupidity.


Not stupidity. He was looking fastball with a 3-2 count. He got a slider. Good pitch.


Don't look anything. Swing the bat. A walk is meaningless. STUPIDITY!


A walk is better than an out. He was understandably looking fastball in a 3-2 count; he got a breaking ball. It happens.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:01 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2220
Damn, it's getting late!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:01 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5557
Alright, screw this.

Get this game to the 11th so Cutch can redeem himself.

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6155
Location: Keystone State
J_C_Steel wrote:
A walk is better than an out. He was understandably looking fastball in a 3-2 count; he got a breaking ball. It happens.


You need to swing the bat in that situation. If he swings and misses, then so be it. You can't take a called third strike with the go-ahead runner on second in extra innings. It happens to shit for brains. Don't think.

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6155
Location: Keystone State
Melancon has looked very human his last couple starts.

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:46 pm
Posts: 4983
Location: Washington, DC
bucco boy wrote:
J_C_Steel wrote:
A walk is better than an out. He was understandably looking fastball in a 3-2 count; he got a breaking ball. It happens.


You need to swing the bat in that situation. If he swings and misses, then so be it. You can't take a called third strike with the go-ahead runner on second in extra innings. It happens to shit for brains. Don't think.


If he walks, it means Ortega has to pitch to Snider. Think about that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:06 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:16 pm
Posts: 2220
Sometimes I feel like our offense waits for things to happen, instead of making them happen.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: May 28, 2013 Pirates (31-20) at Tigers (29-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:07 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:54 pm
Posts: 6155
Location: Keystone State
J_C_Steel wrote:
bucco boy wrote:
J_C_Steel wrote:
A walk is better than an out. He was understandably looking fastball in a 3-2 count; he got a breaking ball. It happens.


You need to swing the bat in that situation. If he swings and misses, then so be it. You can't take a called third strike with the go-ahead runner on second in extra innings. It happens to shit for brains. Don't think.


If he walks, it means Ortega has to pitch to Snider. Think about that.


To set up a double play?

_________________
The Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits