Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Animal's Stars for 04/20
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:09 am 

Just got home from an awesome, but cold game. Is it EVER going to be warm at PNC Park again? Nice crowd. I usually hate the big crowds and the people around me, but had a few real nice young couples around the wife and me. Respectful. Not constantly dropping the F-Bomb or getting horrible drunk. Very enjoyable. And a GREAT Pirate win, against the previously unscored upon Paul Maholm. For first time this season, the Braves lose two in a row! Yeah Bucs!

WIN: JMac puts it back together nicely, going 7 innings, just 2 hits (but 4 walks and a HBP) to go with 9 K's. Just one run. Gets to win to raise his record to 2-2 4.12 ERA.

HOLD: Melancon gets his sixth hold.

SAVE: Grilli gets his 6th save in 6 chances with an awesome performance.

START: JMac has a great start. See above!

MVP: Giving JMac an MVP tonight for a great bounce back performance. Not perfect, but very very good..especially when the Bucs did not score any runs for 6 innings. Usually, he struggles in the first, but he struck out the side, and I knew it was going to be a good night. Anyone see the story about Martin working with him before the game watching films?

Honorable Mention: Watson came into a 3-1 game, and worked a solid, scoreless inning. Giving Grilli an HM also, striking out the side in the 9th, throwing 13 pitches, 10 of which were for strikes. Giving Marte an honorable mention. Coming back from a brutal game, then a day off, he went hitless again, but did manage to work a walk in the 7th and scored the tying run. Also caught a ball in LF that would have been a HR if he had not caught it...right in front of me too!

Star #3: Martin went 1-2 and also walked twice. Before the game, he worked with JMac showing him video of him striking out batters and working with him.

Star #2: Cutch doubled twice in 4 at bats, drove in the first run and scored the second.

Star #1: Giving this one to Gaby Sanchez. Big 2 run HR to break a 1-1 tie and ultimately win the game. Also singled to go 2-4.

STAR POINTS
Rodriguez 18
Marte 17.5
Cutch 15
Burnett 14
JMac 13.5
Walker 12.5
Snider 10
GJones 8.5
JWilson 7
Grilli 6.5
Melancon 6.5