Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:18 am
Posts: 723
Location: The Hinterlands of Northwestern PA
CashInFist wrote:
Judge Landis wrote:
Dude, calm down. I've had entirely enough people on this board jump down my throat because of innocuous comments today. California has its brand of wacky. Texas has its brand of wacky. Let's just agree to disagree over which wacky is wackier, OK?


LOL. I thought this was a civil debate. At what point exactly did I "Jump down your throat"?

Your use of three question marks in a row ("???") is where you crossed the line.

;)

_________________
Judge Landis
Chairman, UPPMB Pink Polo Shirt Brigade
President, Lacee Collins Fan Club


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:54 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:18 pm
Posts: 312
Location: West Virginia
I myself will stick with WV, where it is written in our Constitution that it is ILLEGAL to deficit spend. Don't spend more than you can afford? What a strange concept?!? :D


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:18 pm
Posts: 312
Location: West Virginia
Judge Landis wrote:
CashInFist wrote:
Judge Landis wrote:
Dude, calm down. I've had entirely enough people on this board jump down my throat because of innocuous comments today. California has its brand of wacky. Texas has its brand of wacky. Let's just agree to disagree over which wacky is wackier, OK?


LOL. I thought this was a civil debate. At what point exactly did I "Jump down your throat"?

Your use of three question marks in a row ("???") is where you crossed the line.

;)


;)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:18 am
Posts: 723
Location: The Hinterlands of Northwestern PA
CashInFist wrote:
NSMaster56 wrote:
California may be wackier than Texas, but I'd still move/vacation there over Texas.


Unless you want government handouts and want 60% of your paycheck to go to taxes, Texas is the better bet.

Also, citing phony statistics (60%??? Really???) is not particularly civil, either.

_________________
Judge Landis
Chairman, UPPMB Pink Polo Shirt Brigade
President, Lacee Collins Fan Club


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:56 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:18 pm
Posts: 312
Location: West Virginia
Judge Landis wrote:
CashInFist wrote:
NSMaster56 wrote:
California may be wackier than Texas, but I'd still move/vacation there over Texas.


Unless you want government handouts and want 60% of your paycheck to go to taxes, Texas is the better bet.

Also, citing phony statistics (60%??? Really???) is not particularly civil, either.


You crossed the line there!!! :lol: J/K :)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:44 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6301
I have spent time in both states and I will take cali in a heartbeat..... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
CashInFist wrote:
I myself will stick with WV, where it is written in our Constitution that it is ILLEGAL to deficit spend. Don't spend more than you can afford? What a strange concept?!? :D

Which is why we see so many successful big businesses set up shop in WV... oh, wait ....

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:28 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5709
CashInFist wrote:
NSMaster56 wrote:
California may be wackier than Texas, but I'd still move/vacation there over Texas.


Unless you want government handouts and want 60% of your paycheck to go to taxes, Texas is the better bet.


Texas has better taxes and land laws/prices, for sure, but, aside from rampant non-use of contraception(s) and illegal immigration, there is a reason why Cali if so densely populated.

It's bea-u-ti-ful.

Both states have douchebag locals, Texas has some killer BBQ, but Cali has all a smorgasbord of food, too.

So I still give a slight edge to Cali.

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 2285
Location: Naples, FL
I generally determine how wacky or crazy a state is by its budget surplus.

_________________
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:51 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:46 am
Posts: 2129
Willton wrote:
CashInFist wrote:
I myself will stick with WV, where it is written in our Constitution that it is ILLEGAL to deficit spend. Don't spend more than you can afford? What a strange concept?!? :D

Which is why we see so many successful big businesses set up shop in WV... oh, wait ....


Hey, we have big buisness, mostly in agriculture. A lot of it allows you to feed your piehole.
As for the original topic. Answer, not long


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:08 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:18 pm
Posts: 312
Location: West Virginia
SUPERCHARGED APE wrote:
I generally determine how wacky or crazy a state is by its budget surplus.


The PEOPLE in California continue to vote into Congress these idiots that will not reign in entitlement spending in any shape or form. $30 BILLION in the negative, with no plan to reign it in. Does that sound like a problem to you?

EDIT: Nancy Pelosi. Why does she have a job again?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:26 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
They put Jerry Brown back in office after a decades-long track record of stupid.

California is crazy.

But the weather is nice. And, well, the females are a lot more fun to look at than what you see in Pittsburgh.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
BBF wrote:
They put Jerry Brown back in office after a decades-long track record of stupid.

California is crazy.

But the weather is nice. And, well, the females are a lot more fun to look at than what you see in Pittsburgh.

There's also more money to be made in California.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:33 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5709
BBF wrote:
And, well, the females are a lot more fun to look at than what you see in Pittsburgh.


Yeah, they LOOK nice, but they feel like a hardened silly putty! ;) :D

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:23 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:18 pm
Posts: 312
Location: West Virginia
Willton wrote:
BBF wrote:
They put Jerry Brown back in office after a decades-long track record of stupid.

California is crazy.

But the weather is nice. And, well, the females are a lot more fun to look at than what you see in Pittsburgh.

There's also more money to be made in California.


$30 Billion before they come crawling to Congress for the other 49 states do bail them out? I have my doubts...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:24 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:18 pm
Posts: 312
Location: West Virginia
BBF wrote:
They put Jerry Brown back in office after a decades-long track record of stupid.

California is crazy.

But the weather is nice. And, well, the females are a lot more fun to look at than what you see in Pittsburgh.


Have you been to Robinson Township Mall? Those bitches are FINE!!! :D


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: How long till the Dodgers are bankrupt again?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
CashInFist wrote:
Willton wrote:
BBF wrote:
They put Jerry Brown back in office after a decades-long track record of stupid.

California is crazy.

But the weather is nice. And, well, the females are a lot more fun to look at than what you see in Pittsburgh.

There's also more money to be made in California.


$30 Billion before they come crawling to Congress for the other 49 states do bail them out? I have my doubts...

Tell me: why do you think so many college and professional school graduates travel to California to begin their careers? Why do so many start up companies begin in California? Why is California one of the most expensive states to live in?

You can tout the greatness of West Virginia all you want, but the simple fact is that there's not much money to be made in West Virginia. There's a lot of money to be made in California.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits