All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Pens V Flyers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:47 pm 

Video game hockey.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:08 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
Husky wrote:
Look1 I am not a great hockey fan; but I think it is time for Crosby and company to stop acting like a bunch of juvenile delinquints and start playing a clean, hard hitting game Some of the stuff they have been doing is deserved of complete playoff suspensions. They have become a buncn of "cheap shot artists" just because they are getting their asses beat. Wake up, Penguins! Play hockey and stop trying to injure the opposition! Play fairly and win fairly! Otherwise just go home and shut up! And that includes minisculely minded Crosby, who is so stupid to make statements that he does't like the opposition. Get a life, Crosby! Nobody in the NHL owes you free rein, you little puss!!

Apparently you don't watch a lot of hockey. The recent incidents have been few and far between. Try being Crosby and get cheap shot on every shift in every game. He puts up with a lot but still comes out to play every night. He is tougher than most players.

All I am saying really is that the Penguins just need to play some real hockey and forget about the histrionics and the cheap shots. They are too good a team to be frequently doing that. And, yes, I am aware that Crosby has been far too often victimized with illegal hits by other teams' cheap shot artists. After last night's blow-out of the Flyers, I would think the Penguins can get right back in the series and maybe even still win it. Sorry that I became disenchanted and spouted off. I am usually much more low key. I am just a bit put off by what I see going on throughout the NHL during this year's playoffs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:11 am 

Going to the Bucco game today during the Pens game, argh! We have some free tickets with PBC club access, my question is how much Pens game watching can I do without being rude to my host?

Was, Fla, and Ott go up 3-2 last night. Things could set up well if we can just keep playing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 pm 

Rarely does a game 1 determine a series, but this time it did.

That ridiculous Briere offsides goal looms so huge.

Granted, absolutely and most importantly, the Pens playing like shite for 5 1/2 periods after scoring thrice in game 2 doomed them, but if the Pens had taken game 1 we'd be heading for a game 7 right now.

Just a terrible way for things to shake out, altogether.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:02 pm 

NSMaster56 wrote:
Rarely does a game 1 determine a series, but this time it did.

That ridiculous Briere offsides goal looms so huge.

Granted, absolutely and most importantly, the Pens playing like shite for 5 1/2 periods after scoring thrice in game 2 doomed them, but if the Pens had taken game 1 we'd be heading for a game 7 right now.

Just a terrible way for things to shake out, altogether.

And their fans have been letting me have it. I am just going to bite my tongue and when they are eliminated just send them 1975.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:54 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
And their fans have been letting me have it. I am just going to bite my tongue and when they are eliminated just send them 1975.

The really scary thing is that BD may be right.

While the B's won today and the Blueshirts can still recover, Philly may have the easiest route to the Cup... ever?

Or, if nothing else, they're going to get a less rested/confident B's/Blueshirts squad in the semi-finals.

The Pens really blew this chance.

Granted, they should have been the 2 seed and if they were they would have destroyed the Caps, but they still should have played better vs. the Flyers and not fallen behind 0-3...

*sigh*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:55 pm 

This is what happens when you let your so-called, childish, misgivenly generated hatred for an opponent cause you to get away from your hockey strengths. Gooning it up is not one of the Penguiins' strengths. They should have played to their offensive prowess and forgotten about trying to tear the heads off of numerous Flyers. DUMB!! I am over 70 years old, and it is one of the dumbest Stanley Cup playoff performances I have ever witnessed. And as for Crosby whining away that he doesn't like the Flyers, that is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard from a professional athlete in my life. Grow up, little boy! You really distinguished yourself--in a negative fashion. You are also now sitting at home watching on TV. Maybe next year you and your teammates will play hockey in the playoffs and forget about goonery.