Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Back even again
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:06 pm 

Thank you, Tennessee Titans. And, from listening to the live streaming in the final 5 minutes, they put a butt-whipping on Baltimore. Hope I'm right in thinking last week's Steeler loss was an aberration.

Post subject: Re: Back even again
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:21 am 

It wasn't an overly impressive win and it was only against the Seahawks, but it was good to see the Steelers get back on track (as expected).

I'd like to see Batch and Dixon (if/when he returns) get more reps vs. the Colts on SNF (because you know they're going to get crushed) just in case Ben's knee starts acting up in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:51 pm 

NSMaster56 wrote:
It wasn't an overly impressive win and it was only against the Seahawks, but it was good to see the Steelers get back on track (as expected).

I'd like to see Batch and Dixon (if/when he returns) get more reps vs. the Colts on SNF (because you know they're going to get crushed) just in case Ben's knee starts acting up in the future.

Not sure how they could have been more impressive, 400+ yards on offense, less than 200 against. I had the feeling that we could have played them for 12 quarters without allowing a score.

Another lesson not to make too big of a deal about week 1 in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:05 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
Not sure how they could have been more impressive, 400+ yards on offense, less than 200 against. I had the feeling that we could have played them for 12 quarters without allowing a score.

It's the Seahawks.

The failed opening drive goal line stand. The missed FG. The dropped INT dropped by Aaron Curry (B-More or any halfway decent defense would not have dropped it).

It was a great win (especially hearing all the Hawks fans crying), but I'm going to have to see how Burgh plays against Houston and Tennessee (two more veteran and capable teams/offenses) before deciding how good the Steelers are or not.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:16 pm 

NSMaster56 wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:

It's the Seahawks.

The failed opening drive goal line stand. The missed FG. The dropped INT dropped by Aaron Curry (B-More or any halfway decent defense would not have dropped it).

It was a great win (especially hearing all the Hawks fans crying), but I'm going to have to see how Burgh plays against Houston and Tennessee (two more veteran and capable teams/offenses) before deciding how good the Steelers are or not.

The Seahawks were a playoff team last year (and won a game), that's more that the Titans and Texans can say. Anyway, bad team or not, they dominated them in every phase.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:12 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
The Seahawks were a playoff team last year (and won a game), that's more that the Titans and Texans can say. Anyway, bad team or not, they dominated them in every phase.

A 7-9 playoff team who lost by an average of 21 PPG (worst since...?) and whose closest loss was by 15 to the Saints.

Since 2007 they've only beaten 6 above .500 teams... only one of those W's was on the road. Speaking of the road, the mighty Hawks are 5-19 without the '12th man' since 08 and 12-28 since 06... a magnificent 16-34 home/road combined since 2008.

Beating the Seahawks in any fashion, while fun because they're fans are still bitter little whiners over SB XL, means nothing. It means less than beating the Browns.

It's great that Blitzburgh beat the crap out of them as they should have, but... beating the likes of Houston and Tennessee (one of whom will undoubtedly win the South this year), will mean a lot more.

Especially if it's done in similar fashion.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:30 pm 

Someone on one of the pregame shows called them the worst team in the league. 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:19 pm 

It showed that the Ravens game was a fluke.

No way the Steelers turn it over as many times next time they meet.