Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: LETS GO PENS
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:24 pm 

That was a horrible, horrible call. That was clearly a goal by Gonchar, it should be 2-0 Pens.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:10 am 

tennis08tarheels wrote:
That was a horrible, horrible call. That was clearly a goal by Gonchar, it should be 2-0 Pens.

When they showed the goal camera shot, I dont know how they did not call it a goal. The puck has to be completely across the line. No camera angle showed that, but I dont think you had to be a expert in forensics to not figure by observing the different camera shots that it was 100% across the line. WTF, it made no difference as it turned out

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:01 am 

bullishhitter wrote:
tennis08tarheels wrote:

When they showed the goal camera shot, I dont know how they did not call it a goal. The puck has to be completely across the line. No camera angle showed that, but I dont think you had to be a expert in forensics to not figure by observing the different camera shots that it was 100% across the line. WTF, it made no difference as it turned out

I could be wrong, but I think that the replay officials MUST see white ice between the puck and the goal line to overrule the referee. I think I saw enough white ice, but I'm definitely viewing the replays through Penguin eyes, lol. I think it's obvious that it must have been past the line based on where the forward edge of the puck is when the goalies glove covered it, but that doesn't meet the standard that the officials are working under. If the on ice official had ruled it a goal, I don't think that they could have overturned it either.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:20 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Our friends at the BCT have a pic today showing the puck clearly across the line just before going into the glove. Not sure if the rule says "all" the puck must be seen, but the back edge and the glove are both well over the line.

ZM

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:02 pm 
ZelieMike wrote:
Our friends at the BCT have a pic today showing the puck clearly across the line just before going into the glove. Not sure if the rule says "all" the puck must be seen, but the back edge and the glove are both well over the line.

ZM

The explanation I heard on one of the post game shows was that since the puck was in the air and on not laying flat on the ice it was "impossible" to determine if the entire length of the puck had crossed the line. Sounds like BS to me, but that's what they said.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:30 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:

ZM

I saw the pic, and it's clear that it was a goal, but I didn't see a replay from that angle, so the officials probably didn't, either.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:44 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:21 pm 

Getting ready to go watch Game 3 at The Salty Dog here in Hilton Head, SC. I took my family on vacation for a wedding with some of my good friends who just happen to all be Flyers fans (with the exception of one, the brides brother). Should be interesting and fun :)

Pull one out for me boys. Let's Go Pens!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:07 pm 

The hook happy refs are ruining the first period!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:03 pm 

And the Penguins win it, and also become only the 4th team in NHL history to win 11 out its first 12 playoff games.