Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2 bad bounces for Pens
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:28 pm 

Well, they give it a great shot, but Detroit was just better. it sucked that two of their goals came off bad bounces for the Pens, one off Gill's leg and one off Fleury's butt. But that's what happens when you throw pucks at the net. It was a great season for the Penguins and they have plenty to build on. They will be back.

By the way, it was great that the Wings didn't win at home. It kind of ruined the celebration so that's some sort of consolation. It always pissed me off the Pens won both their cups on the road.

Post subject: Re: 2 bad bounces for Pens
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:55 pm 

The last goal by the Wings was indeed a shame. Oh well. It was a great run and the puck trickling across Osgood's crease during the final second of the game was pretty representative of this series, as the Pens never gave up, and damn near came to send it to OT(again) tonight. The crowd chanting "Fleury" at the end was pretty cool and completely well deserved.

Thanks for a great season, Pens. See ya next year.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:57 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
Well, they give it a great shot, but Detroit was just better. it sucked that two of their goals came off bad bounces for the Pens, one off Gill's leg and one off Fleury's butt. But that's what happens when you throw pucks at the net. It was a great season for the Penguins and they have plenty to build on. They will be back.

By the way, it was great that the Wings didn't win at home. It kind of ruined the celebration so that's some sort of consolation. It always pissed me off the Pens won both their cups on the road.

Congratulations to the Wings. I think that the better team won, but I'm proud of the effort the Pens put out.

Good luck to Shero this off season. He's going to have a tough time putting together a team as good as this one, given the salary cap and all of the potential free agents on the team.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:14 pm 

I think the Pens lost the series in Game 1. The Red Wings experience helped them in Game 1 and before the Pens knew it, they were down 2 games to none.

Hopefully the next time around, the Pens will jump on Game 1 and get that critical game win.