Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Favorite College or University
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:15 pm 

J_C_Steel wrote:
Duke University Blue Devils

Bowl eligible this year! Thank you, David Cutcliffe!

Big one against Kentucky tonight, a thin Duke club against a very young Wildcat team (what else is new). Losing Rivers and Dawkins just undercut them and they already lacked much inside. I miss the days of actual quality NCAA hoops teams.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:54 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
J_C_Steel wrote:

Big one against Kentucky tonight, a thin Duke club against a very young Wildcat team (what else is new). Losing Rivers and Dawkins just undercut them and they already lacked much inside. I miss the days of actual quality NCAA hoops teams.

For the record of this thread, and to break IA's rules...I'm a huge USC Trojan football fan(since I was 8). I loved the horse, the crazy band uniforms, and the uniforms. Just stuck with them. In hoops I am a huge Louisville Cardinals fan. Started watching basketball a few years later and loved the Darrell Griffith led Cards that dunked more than any other team back then...and loved the bright red uniforms!

In reply to you Dopers...one thing I am not a fan of is starting the season so early. The teams you watch tonight will be so much different than the teams you watch in March. I watched Louisville Sunday, and I know they didn't look like a #2 team...then I reminded myself it isn't even Thanksgiving yet! And I think there are quality teams, but the game has changed so much from what we were used to watching...IMO. Duke always had enough athletic guys to go with their other guys...they don't seem to have that lately. As a Louisville fan, I hope you crush that bum Calipari and his Wildcats!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:26 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
J_C_Steel wrote:

Duke's playing some "quality NCAA hoops" so far this year. They certainly don't look thin or depleted. Can't wait for March!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:52 am 

J_C_Steel wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:
J_C_Steel wrote:

Duke's playing some "quality NCAA hoops" so far this year. They certainly don't look thin or depleted. Can't wait for March!

The huge step forward from Mason Plumlee was not expected. I'm as happy as can be with the three huge wins on the resume already and a soft ACC. Duke is thin upfront, if Plumlee or Kelly get in any foul trouble it gets shaky quick. K is only giving 6 guys more than 10 minutes a game. I was expecting more from Josh Hairston by now.