Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pedro + Tabata for Headley...?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:51 pm 

Would you do it in Fantasy (Dynasty Keepers, no less)?

Chase had a HOT start and has normalized since then.

We all know the struggles of Tabata and streakiness of Pedro.

Still, it's not an insane trade to ponder, right?

Post subject: Re: Pedro + Tabata for Headley...?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:55 pm 

Here's my lineup if that might factor into your decision making process:

C's: John Jaso and Jose Molina
1B: Chris Davis/A-Gonz
2B: Dustin Ackley
3B: Pedro, Chris Davis, Josh Bell (DEEP bench guy, due to injuries)
SS: Erick Aybar
OFer's: Rajai Davis, BJ Upton, Michael Brantley and Mark Kotsay (and A-Gonz qualifies as RF)
DL: Mark DeRosa and Brett Gardner
Minors: Oswaldo Arcia (OF, MIN), Jake Marisnick (OF, TOR), Tony Sanchez (yeah... I'm sticking with him)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:04 pm 

NSMaster56 wrote:
Would you do it in Fantasy (Dynasty Keepers, no less)?

Chase had a HOT start and has normalized since then.

We all know the struggles of Tabata and streakiness of Pedro.

Still, it's not an insane trade to ponder, right?

I wouldn't do it in fantasy until he officially leaves Petco. He just doesn't produce enough R, HR or RBI while stuck there. Its no lock that they will deal him either, its not like he's cost prohibitive.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:09 am 

NS - home runs and RBI's are the coin of the realm in fantasy, particularly from infielders.

Pedro offers potential 30 HR, 100 RBI's as an infielder. Headley is an excellent hitter but will not be able to generate those counting stats at Petco.

So I would not make the deal.

If you want to improve team, you may have to bite the bullet and deal one of your first baseman for an elite OF'er. Your OF outside of Upton is just killing you.

Even in a 30-team league, you should be able to upgrade your OF. Mark Kotsay and Rajai Davis COMBINE to give you two category production.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:22 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
If you want to improve team, you may have to bite the bullet and deal one of your first baseman for an elite OF'er. Your OF outside of Upton is just killing you.

The hard part of this league is that there are 5/6 owners who NEVER respond to trade offers and 5/6 owners who are idiots and only make insane trades.

Funny (in a Greek tragedy sort of way), but true story: To start the season I had one Adam Dunn as an additional 1B/DH. About two/three weeks into the season I figured he was bound to 'regress' and sold WAY too low on him (Banuelos+Wade Davis)... in a related story, in April I sold my shares of AT & T, Verizon and Altria Group, all of which have risen another 10+%... not a good spring for NS'.

*SIGH*

However, despite my Spring mistakes, I recently just added Brantley, Arcia and the #14 waiver (pick) for: Chaz-Mo, Joe Blanton, #5 waiver (essentially the #5 draft pick in a weak draft) and Dominic Brown (MASSIVE disappoinment).

Considering that Chaz will not see the mound again this season, Dom B probably won't play either, the #5 pick will be 2-3 years away from the Bigs and I picked Blanton off the waiver wire, I think I made out alright. Especially since Arcia is raking in A/A+ ball, just got called up to AA, will probably be the Twinkies #2/3 prospect by years end and is closer to the bigs than that #5 pick would be.

So I'm actually looking more to UNLOAD one of my OF for another bat and/or package my young SP's (Paxton, MM, Manny, Rudy...) for something.

So far, no takers.

Bucfan wrote:
Even in a 30-team league, you should be able to upgrade your OF. Mark Kotsay and Rajai Davis COMBINE to give you two category production.

I actually think my OF is okay. If nothing else, it is 'deep'. Sure, it's mostly just speed demons (my team name is aptly Mach 5), but my lack of HR/RBI is not killing me in a 20 category league... my lack of R/SB dominance is (thanks again slumping Ackley, Aybar and Tabata and injured Gardner!).

I nixed the Pedro+Puma for Headley deal two days ago. It's the only offer I was given for Chase (that is, probably unless I offered CD straight up or some other unfavorable deal... like I said, some people in this league just aren't trade friendly).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:36 am 

I went all in elsewhere.

I traded:

Quote:
Chris Davis, Michael Brantley, Erick Aybar, Tony Sanchez and #5 waiver

for

Troy Tulowitzki, Yasmani Grandal, Brett Wallace and #27 waiver

It's a risky move, but I figured landing a top-10 player at a premium position like SS+a young possible next Santana/Posey/Wieters was worth giving up 'so much'.

So now I'm deliberating trading A-Gonz (I need his power, but he's having an off year and he's among the 'older' players on my team).

I got a pretty solid offer of:

Quote:
A-Gonz and Mike Monto
for
Yu Darvish and Tyler Moore

I know Moore was never a top-prospect, but am I crazy or is that a fair shake?

Yu is only 25 and a clear ace on an offensive machine, Moore gives me solid production @ first and I could either package him and Wallace (and/or another of my now expendable SP's) for another 1B or wait and see if he replaces LaRoche.

Aye or nay?