I hate my relief pitchers.

Hate them.

Today's stellar effort ...

1 IP, 10 base runners, 10 ER.

Yes, an ERA of 90 and a WHIP of 10.

Thank you so effing much.

Post subject: Re: I cannot stand my relief pitchers
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:17 pm 

Addison Reed an ERA of 162. Not 1.62. 162.

:o

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:45 pm 

He did that just to make Hector Rodriguez feel better.

Hector? Yeah, the guy who thought it was a good idea to walk Drew Stubbs and Chris Heisey to load the bases, so he could face Joey Votto. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:11 am 

Speaking of relief pitchers, I'm strongly in favor of switching back to roster moves taking effect the next day so that players can be added and dropped after play has begun.

I waited until 1am west coast time last night for rosters to switch over to Sunday (at that point, they still had not) so that I could replace Balfour with Fuentes because I knew, KNEW, John would grab him before I got up this morning.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:38 am 

BBF wrote:
Speaking of relief pitchers, I'm strongly in favor of switching back to roster moves taking effect the next day so that players can be added and dropped after play has begun.

I waited until 1am west coast time last night for rosters to switch over to Sunday (at that point, they still had not) so that I could replace Balfour with Fuentes because I knew, KNEW, John would grab him before I got up this morning.

I am confused. Why wouldn't you just pick him the day you know you wanted him? I personally like being able to make moves the day of because it allows you to adjust if there were injuries the day before and you need to make a move.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:02 pm 

bucco boy wrote:
BBF wrote:

I am confused. Why wouldn't you just pick him the day you know you wanted him? I personally like being able to make moves the day of because it allows you to adjust if there were injuries the day before and you need to make a move.

You can only pick up players for the same day if you can drop someone who hasn't played yet that day. BBF has been checking his team late at night after all teams have already played and he can't make moves then.

I prefer same day too, although it does hurt closer chasing. Really, I prefer that we get rid of saves as a category. Its too bad that yahoo doesn't offer shutdowns/meltdowns.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:10 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
bucco boy wrote:
BBF wrote:

You can only pick up players for the same day if you can drop someone who hasn't played yet that day. BBF has been checking his team late at night after all teams have already played and he can't make moves then.

I prefer same day too, although it does hurt closer chasing. Really, I prefer that we get rid of saves as a category. Its too bad that yahoo doesn't offer shutdowns/meltdowns.

OK ESPN is different. It shuts things down once the first game is played that day so you can pick up someone and drop someone and it goes into affect the next day. But you can still pick up players all morning (or afternoon too if the first game is at 7:05)

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:16 pm 

Problem is I can't access yahoo from work. By the time I get home it is 8:30 back on the east coast, which means all but the west coast games have already started, blocking me from making moves with 80% of my roster.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:07 am 

BBF wrote:
Problem is I can't access yahoo from work. By the time I get home it is 8:30 back on the east coast, which means all but the west coast games have already started, blocking me from making moves with 80% of my roster.

New iPhones can handle the task, but they are slow.

I feel a lot better about my pen now. Obtained the best RP'er in 2012 so far (Jim Johnson), and Motte, Aceves, Frieri, and Reed are dealing.

Also have Storen coming off the DL in mid-June, per reports. At that point, I expect that Frieri will have locked down the Angels closer job, so I would have six - COUNT 'EM, SIX - closers (Motte, Johnson, Aceves, Reed, Storen and Frieri).