Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Done, Son
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:15 pm 

With the terrible performance of my team this year (almost entirely my fault) and the lack of attention I've paid them as a result, I hereby announce I will not return as an owner next year.

It isn't fair to the rest of the league to have an owner who isn't in it 110%.

Good luck to all.

v/r

Post subject: Re: Done, Son
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:09 pm 

I am genuinely disappointed, NS. You were a very good owner to deal with in terms of trades last year and this.

I am not trying to "talk you out of it," but Josh Johnson will return next season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:02 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
I am genuinely disappointed, NS. You were a very good owner to deal with in terms of trades last year and this.

Yeah, to your benefit. ;) :D

Bucfan wrote:
I am not trying to "talk you out of it," but Josh Johnson will return next season.

While I am disappointed with my team's performance, mostly my decision came because I'm much more devoted to my 30-team league and, if all goes according to plan, I will not have time to devote to two fantasy teams next year.

IMO, it's just not fair to the rest of the owners if I give a half assed effort.

I like the foundation of my team (Ackley, Bruce, others) and all, but... I just can't commit long-term at a level which I am confident in.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:47 pm 

NSMaster56 wrote:

Uggla has been a pretty big producer over the last 6 weeks. He leads all MI in HR's, and is among the leaders in RBI's.

I needed Cliff Lee to help with team's woeful ERA and WHIP. I was something like 9th in ERA and 10th in WHIP when I got Lee.

His pitching, and the contributions of Zack Greinke, Brandon Beachy and Vance Worley, have really turned that around.

NSMaster56 wrote:
While I am disappointed with my team's performance, mostly my decision came because I'm much more devoted to my 30-team league and, if all goes according to plan, I will not have time to devote to twofantasy teams next year.

IMO, it's just not fair to the rest of the owners if I give a half assed effort.

I like the foundation of my team (Ackley, Bruce, others) and all, but... I just can't commit long-term at a level which I am confident in.

Fair enough. I hope our new owner is one who likes to talk trade.

I have been in some Yahoo! public leagues - where the managers don't know each other at all. Those leagues suck.

Managers fall in love with their players, grossly overvalue them, and never make trades. Boring as hell.

I am in a good spot in that H2H league, but really don't follow it much. Who gives a rip? So I definitely know what you are saying about keeping track of two teams.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:36 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
NSMaster56 wrote:

Uggla has been a pretty big producer over the last 6 weeks. He leads all MI in HR's, and is among the leaders in RBI's.

I needed Cliff Lee to help with team's woeful ERA and WHIP. I was something like 9th in ERA and 10th in WHIP when I got Lee.

His pitching, and the contributions of Zack Greinke, Brandon Beachy and Vance Worley, have really turned that around.

All things considered, it (finally) turned out to be a good deal for both sides. No bad blood.

I merely self-depricate to cushion the blow of my own follies.

Sold too soon on some (Ellsbury, Andrus, Stubbs...), failed to sell high on others (Britton, Cahill, JJ...).

At the very least the incoming owner can learn from my mistakes. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:22 am 

NSMaster56 wrote:
All things considered, it (finally) turned out to be a good deal for both sides. No bad blood.

True. Uggla hits a HR for your team tonight, as Lee goes 7 shut-out innings for another win.

Kind of sums up what they have been doing for the past two months or so.