Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Yahoo Fantasy Football League
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:40 pm 
Offline
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:59 am
Posts: 385
Location: Elizabeth, PA
I've created an UPPMB Football Leage on Yahoo. The Draft would be Sunday August 30th @ 7:30pm.

If you're interested in joining here is the link: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Up to 19 spots to fill

Edit: Thanks IA...Click on "Join a Custom League

ID#: 544360
PW: Pirates


Last edited by cappscrew138 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football League
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 4984
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
I'll join but that link won't work unless you are already in the league.

_________________
#19 Oklahoma Sooners (5-2) at Iowa State Cyclones (2-5)
November 1, 2014
Jack Trice Stadium
Ames, IA
11:00 AM Fox Sports 1


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 4984
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
I signed up, obviously keeping the name "IA Pirate" so people would know it's me.

_________________
#19 Oklahoma Sooners (5-2) at Iowa State Cyclones (2-5)
November 1, 2014
Jack Trice Stadium
Ames, IA
11:00 AM Fox Sports 1


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:11 am 
Offline
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:59 am
Posts: 385
Location: Elizabeth, PA
I was hoping people would just use their screen names on here in the league.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:42 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
What does it cost and what are the basic rules? As a fantasy commish/participant for almost 20 years there are pros/cons with the yahoo site. I use CBS sportsline for the larger money leagues...I think it is the best. For a low cost league, flea flicker is free and is flexible as per a commish is concerned.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10727
I was going to sign up under the "Zelie Mike." If I was terrible, I would make fun of him (me). If I was successful, I would reveal the chicanery and take credit.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
Estrago, I'm fairly certain that such a league would not be done for money consideration.

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:16 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
Willton wrote:
Estrago, I'm fairly certain that such a league would not be done for money consideration.


Leagues like that end up having owners slacking off or quitting because there is no incentive.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:18 pm
Posts: 5060
Location: Scotch Plains, NJ
estrago wrote:
Willton wrote:
Estrago, I'm fairly certain that such a league would not be done for money consideration.


Leagues like that end up having owners slacking off or quitting because there is no incentive.

Leagues like that also end up being a distraction for people who actually do work because the money does not afford the players the luxury of slacking off.

Besides, what's wrong w/ playing for pride?

_________________
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
~H. L. Mencken


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:12 am
Posts: 758
Willton wrote:
estrago wrote:
Willton wrote:
Estrago, I'm fairly certain that such a league would not be done for money consideration.


Leagues like that end up having owners slacking off or quitting because there is no incentive.

Leagues like that also end up being a distraction for people who actually do work because the money does not afford the players the luxury of slacking off.

Besides, what's wrong w/ playing for pride?


I play golf and racquetball for the most part for pride(side bets here & there)but I am going against people that I know.
My experience with internet FF leagues are that even if owners show up for a draft and play, there are too many that dont and dont keep up with their team. Football is easier than baseball as per time, but you end up in a 12 team league with only 6 who participate and try the entire season.
To each his own but I prefer to have something on the line or an incentive. Not much pride competing with total strangers or winning nothing for yor time invested.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football League
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
I'm in with my screen name from here, but just to let you guys know it's going to hurt me more to beat you guys than it will hurt you.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football League
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:47 pm 
Offline
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:59 am
Posts: 385
Location: Elizabeth, PA
estrago wrote:
I play golf and racquetball for the most part for pride(side bets here & there)but I am going against people that I know.
My experience with internet FF leagues are that even if owners show up for a draft and play, there are too many that dont and dont keep up with their team. Football is easier than baseball as per time, but you end up in a 12 team league with only 6 who participate and try the entire season.
To each his own but I prefer to have something on the line or an incentive. Not much pride competing with total strangers or winning nothing for yor time invested.


Would you like me to get a trophy for the winner?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Yahoo Fantasy Football League
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
Just a reminder to everybody from the league that joined. The groups live draft is tonight at 7:00pm EST

_________________
I break more news than CIA posters break wind!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits