Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Expansion Draft Players
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:07 am 

BBF: How will this work? Will you already have removed those players who are already on rosters or do we have to draft our keepers first? I ask only because if someone auto drafts wouldn't the risk be high that they draft someone already taken? I'm sure you're on it, I was just curious.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:32 am 

Argentum wrote:
BBF: How will this work? Will you already have removed those players who are already on rosters or do we have to draft our keepers first? I ask only because if someone auto drafts wouldn't the risk be high that they draft someone already taken? I'm sure you're on it, I was just curious.

It is my belief that I am able to manually enter the keepers to each roster as well as the draft order. However, that is going to take a day or so for me to get done, which is why I want the remaining keepers ASAP.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:48 am 

BBF wrote:
Argentum wrote:

It is my belief that I am able to manually enter the keepers to each roster as well as the draft order. However, that is going to take a day or so for me to get done, which is why I want the remaining keepers ASAP.

Sounds good. Thanks for doing this, I know it's not fun.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:49 am 

Argentum wrote:
BBF wrote:
Argentum wrote:

Sounds good. Thanks for doing this, I know it's not fun.

More fun than finishing my dissertation...excellent procrastination tool.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:33 am 

Alright, a question for the league:

Since IA and Shark haven't responded to requests to replace their keepers (either here or through email) and I need to upload the keepers today, I have 2 options:

1. Choose their replacement keepers for them, based on ADP. For IA Pirate that would be Dunn and Peralta, I believe. For Shark, it would be C Young (OF), Harden, and Valverde.

2. Keep them at 8 and 7 keepers respectively and give them compensatory picks at the back end of the draft.

I don't want to be a dictator, so I'll go in whatever direction has the most support, so PLEASE reply at some point (before, say 3) today. Unless of course one or both of them log on and remedy the situation...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:01 am 

Since they don't want to participate, I'd be inclined to make their better players available to those who do. Therefore I'd lean towards #2.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:38 pm 

Have you even gotten e-mails back from them?

I would do option 1 and see if someone else wants the team in the next 36 hours, at least Shark.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:11 pm 

bucco boy wrote:

I would do option 1 and see if someone else wants the team in the next 36 hours, at least Shark.

I've not gotten anything from either of them. Ryann keeps saying he wants to join, but has yet to email me. Also, if Corsair comes back, he could inherit one of them. The problem is that all of that has to be finalized before the draft tomorrow, I don't think we can change managers after that.

However, I am leaning towards #1 for similar reasons. First, we all have a conflict of interest as we all want Adam Dunn et al back in the draft. But second, SOMEONE is going to have to manage those teams, and the less attractive they are, the less likely someone will actively participate.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:43 pm 

BBF wrote:
bucco boy wrote:

I've not gotten anything from either of them. Ryann keeps saying he wants to join, but has yet to email me. Also, if Corsair comes back, he could inherit one of them. The problem is that all of that has to be finalized before the draft tomorrow, I don't think we can change managers after that.

However, I am leaning towards #1 for similar reasons. First, we all have a conflict of interest as we all want Adam Dunn et al back in the draft. But second, SOMEONE is going to have to manage those teams, and the less attractive they are, the less likely someone will actively participate.

Ok, so I gave in to my conscience and assigned them keepers based on ADP. I also set the draft order and assigned keepers for rounds 1-10. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way for people to view them before the draft, or I would ask everyone to check for mistakes. If there are mistakes discovered at the time of the draft, we'll deal with them afterwards...just notify me. If I have your email, I will be sending you a finalized spreadsheet of who was kept and by whom. I do not think I have EZ Pickins or Cappscrew's email, so if you guys want a copy, shoot me a PM with your address.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:00 pm 

You can see everything here.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... aftresults

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:07 pm 

bucco boy wrote:

Vielen Dank, bb!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:17 pm 

BBF wrote:
bucco boy wrote:

We can't do anything once the draft happens. So, should we find alternate owners? I don't care if they don't draft, but I want someone who is going to pay attention to the team. If they aren't answering e-mails, then find other owners. I am not trying to slight them, but by them not responding and they might have a good reason, their interest isn't that high.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:02 pm 

What about someone taking on a 2nd team with a rule about not trading/releasing players to your other team?

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:20 pm 

Here's what we'll do. We will hope for participation from both IA Pirate and Shark. They were reasonably active last year. If they are not, we will ask them to add a co-manager who can effectively take over their team. That way there is no pressure to make changes before the draft tomorrow.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they just haven't turned their attention to baseball yet this year....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:39 pm 

Sorry I wasn't at my computer today....just my 2 cents BBF. I PM'ed you before about this, but I would ditch their two teams if they don't respond. No offense to either of those guys but just from my memory from last year I don't think they were real active. I know IA wasn't. He never changed his lineup and even stated a complaint about the format because he didn't feel like there was any way to catch up. I'm all for having them in the league but if they don't pay attention then it will unfairly skew the whole league. I'd rather have less teams but active owners. I know it sucks for you because you are trying to be diplomatic about it. I run another league and know the feeling. Obviously do what you want, but that is my 2 cents on the issue. Their players could be thrown back into the pool....Again, no offense to either of those guys....