Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Game Report: Bucs vs. Braves 4/21/10
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:08 am 

Tonight was Andrew McCutchen canvas photo wrap giveaway night at PNC. As usual, it's pretty nice. They really do have some awesome giveaways down there. The problem is the baseball on the field doesn't exactly warrant excitement all the time and tonight wasn't the exception to that rule.

I started the night out at RiverTowne, the brew pub I have mentioned before on here (although I'm not sure which thread). They just moved into the complex between Heinz Field and PNC Park where Grille 36, FSN, Calico Jack's, and Del Monte are located. Tonight the beer special was Paulaner which is freaking amazing to me. They were my first but hopefully not last $3 Paulaner drafts.

Here's a glimpse:

The rest of the night didn't exactly go as planned. Instead of jumping out to our typical 3-0 or so lead in the first inning and then making it a close game and losing, the Pirates decided to just not score a run the entire game. As for the offense, there really isn't much to report. We stunk.

I was on the play Jeff Clement to see what he can do bandwagon as long as anyone, but I think it's about time we figure something else out. I like what Pearce can do against left handed pitching but it would really be nice to solidify that position with a left handed power bat. I don't think this guy is Jones, but Jones has done decently well against LHP this year. As many people speculate, maybe this is where Pedro ultimately winds up. We could really use some pop in this lineup.

Milledge sat today so we really don't have the mental error to report.

Ohlendorf was pretty horrid. I was really sitting and wondering how long it would take Russell to pull him in that 4th inning where he just couldn't get the final out to save his life.

Heyward is a real nice player. He's got some pop in that bat too which is really nice for the Braves. With any luck, he won't be coming back to bite us over the next two days.

The Bucs score you score promotion was a pretty big success in my estimation. Look at all these box seats that are filled up:

Finally, did anybody follow the tweets?

Post subject: Re: Game Report: Bucs vs. Braves 4/21/10
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:43 am 

Paulaner is the prize of Germany, one of my favorite beers.

At least you got to savor such a fine beer despite the Bucco's dismal performance.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:14 am 

I don't know how to tweet ... or even follow tweets. :oops: Just as well I could not for tonight's game.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:16 am 
 WWW  Profile

NDL wrote:
I started the night out at RiverTowne, the brew pub I have mentioned before on here (although I'm not sure which thread). They just moved into the complex between Heinz Field and PNC Park where Grille 36, FSN, Calico Jack's, and Del Monte are located. Tonight the beer special was Paulaner which is freaking amazing to me. They were my first but hopefully not last $3 Paulaner drafts.

Finally, did anybody follow the tweets?

I haven't been to Pittsburgh since 2002 so I'm assuming there has been some good things built around PNC Park. If I remember right there weren't many (if any) bars or restaurants by the Park.

I added you to my Twitter account (SC Cy). I don't check it that often, maybe three or four times per day, but I did see your tweets.

#7 Baylor Bears (3-0) at Iowa State Cyclones (1-2)
Jack Trice Stadium
September 27, 2014
7:00 PM CST
FOX

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:57 am 

There are numerous bar/restaurants that you could go to but RiverTowne is the only one that I know of which has their own brand of beer that they brew. I believe they started in Monroeville, and, at that place all you can get is their beers.

They offer a selection of the beers from their brew pub by PNC but they also have beers you can find anywhere. Paulaner is one of my absolute favorites and I have never seen it on tap.

I guess to make a long story short there are many places to go there but this is the one I like best by far.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:25 am 

NDL wrote:
There are numerous bar/restaurants that you could go to but RiverTowne is the only one that I know of which has their own brand of beer that they brew. I believe they started in Monroeville, and, at that place all you can get is their beers.

They offer a selection of the beers from their brew pub by PNC but they also have beers you can find anywhere. Paulaner is one of my absolute favorites and I have never seen it on tap.

I guess to make a long story short there are many places to go there but this is the one I like best by far.

If one could find Paulaner on tap they may have to pinch themselves to make sure they aren't dreaming.

Also, after having to buy a Budweiser @ a game today due to lack of alternatives, I have come to the conclusion that I would rather sit through a 20-0 Brewers beat Bucs game @ PNC and drink ANYTHING rather than watch a much better sporting event and drink Bud.

Dear God, Budweiser is awful.

I really envy you blokes in Pittsburgh who know what good beer is and demand it @ their sporting events.