Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: One of our own chimes in on PG Q&A
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:06 pm 

Hey, guys...thanks for noticing. I just wanted to prove that I could write a semi-inteligent question without being a smart-a$$. I have written to DK a couple of times before. Some of you newer posters may not know that he was on one of the old boards, but quit for obvious reasons after he started covering the Pirates.

Also, my point was not so much that the new management was infallible, but rather that the method of evaluation seemed much more tangible and quantifiable and that PERHAPS they would do a better job of evaluating the more detailed anaysis. It seems logical that if the evaluation is more comprehensive, then the people who developed it will be better able to use it.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:19 pm 

Elmer.....
You suggest that the Pirates should do something about the SS situation after BBF pointed out what the options are. I doubt that Frank is saying "Gee, Neil....what should we do, huh?" and Neil replies "Gosh, Frank, I dunno.....let's do SOMETHING!!" Then in chorus they both shout "Brilliant....we'll do SOMETHING!!"

(ok....I'M BACK TO BEING A SMART-A$$ AGAIN)

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:22 pm 

bradf wrote:
Elmer.....
You suggest that the Pirates should do something about the SS situation after BBF pointed out what the options are. I doubt that Frank is saying "Gee, Neil....what should we do, huh?" and Neil replies "Gosh, Frank, I dunno.....let's do SOMETHING!!" Then in chorus they both shout "Brilliant....we'll do SOMETHING!!"

I guess we could get Barry Larkin

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:35 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
I guess we could get Barry Larkin

Johnnie LeMaster is only 54 years old. He's so over due it's scary!

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:59 pm 

Elmer wrote:
True but when it became obvious that he would be out longer and it became obvious Bixler was a joke, they should have done something. I don't agree with rolling over and saying "there's no one out there" and just let crap continue to field grounders at short. Try something else. Maybe you catch lightning in a bottle but at lest you try.

Okay Elmer, who should the Pirates get to play short, and what should they give up to get him?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:10 pm 

bradf wrote:
Elmer.....

Thank God. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:57 am 

Hey, can Mike Benjamin play SS?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:01 pm 

sisyphus wrote:
Elmer wrote:
True but when it became obvious that he would be out longer and it became obvious Bixler was a joke, they should have done something. I don't agree with rolling over and saying "there's no one out there" and just let crap continue to field grounders at short. Try something else. Maybe you catch lightning in a bottle but at lest you try.

Okay Elmer, who should the Pirates get to play short, and what should they give up to get him?

C'mon, sisy. You know he won't answer that...it's much easier to criticize than it is to suggest solutions. Elmer had this same argument about getting someone to play 3rd base this offseason and refused to name names of who might be available or who he might give up.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:21 am 

BBF wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Elmer wrote:

C'mon, sisy. You know he won't answer that...it's much easier to criticize than it is to suggest solutions. Elmer had this same argument about getting someone to play 3rd base this offseason and refused to name names of who might be available or who he might give up.

I know he won't answer. I just like making him say "humunahumunahumuna".

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:02 pm 

Mike Benjamin can't play a jukebox. Did I mention that he is a real jerk too?

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:07 pm 

Isn't Chad Hermansen still playing somewhere? He started out as a SS. ;)