Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bull....please respond
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:01 pm 

sisyphus wrote:
This management team intends to put a winner on the field, and their actions so far have shown me that they have the ability to judge talent.

Judging talent. End of story. Money doesn't win games. It helps, but judging talent is the whole ball of wax.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:35 pm 

What was the team payroll during this time? Hiring bad baseball people can't mean you are not concerned with winning?As far as winning now,again,hope is one thing,get there and then I will agree,I'm not jumping up and down at this time not after all thats been done over the years.I'm not about to hand them awards for taking the first steps.

It looks as if they have some good people in place and I will hand them that,however much is to be done,I remember Bonifay getting what was suppose to be great young talent as well.It's about wins and building.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:41 pm 

If you think fans don't have a right to bitch then you are living in another World.Things don't change that easy my friend,this organization has a lot of kissing up and making up to do with the fan base.This is a start but only a start,my vision gets better with talent.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:40 am 

HebnerR wrote:
If you think fans don't have a right to bitch then you are living in another World.Things don't change that easy my friend,this organization has a lot of kissing up and making up to do with the fan base.This is a start but only a start,my vision gets better with talent.

So what do you hope to accomplish by being so negative? Because it seems to me that you just want to complain for the sake of complaining.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:48 am 

sisyphus wrote:
HebnerR wrote:
Then I guess The Pirates have been turned around??The Farm system is stocked from top to bottom,Latin America players have been piling in the system and young arms are pushing for starting roles ?

Lets not forget 15 years of piss because of some hope.No one and I mean no one has proven a damn thing.Not one trade or player has proven he is a sure thing.Lets not get stupid here.The Pirates are 14 games under .500 in their 16th losing season in a row.Do we have anything to crow about?No one of those moves has panned out and it will not be known if it will for sometime.

Hope and fact are far apart.

Only for those who lack vision. This management team intends to put a winner on the field, and their actions so far have shown me that they have the ability to judge talent.. The owner is backing them to the hilt. The Pirates will be contenders under Huntingdon. Mark my words. But it isn't going to happen overnight, so you'll be able to wring those last dregs of bitching out of your system just in time to jump on the bandwagon.

Well put Sisyphus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:43 am 

Yep, bitch to bitch.the Pirates have been run so well over the past decade and a half why would anybody complaint?After the past few months they have the best Organization in all of sports.The future is so bright it's amazing.

It's been so long with so many excuses and amazing failures that people are ready to hold a parade at the first sign of just about anything .Why don't you at least wait awhile before you start to go downtown and get a good spot for the start of the parade?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:55 am 

HebnerR wrote:
Yep, bitch to bitch.the Pirates have been run so well over the past decade and a half why would anybody complaint?After the past few months they have the best Organization in all of sports.The future is so bright it's amazing.

It's been so long with so many excuses and amazing failures that people are ready to hold a parade at the first sign of just about anything .Why don't you at least wait awhile before you start to go downtown and get a good spot for the start of the parade?

Read this...scroll to the bottom for the main points. It explains alot about the emotions and how owners like Nutting are just in it for the money

http://knowledge.wpcarey.asu.edu/articl ... cleid=1353

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:56 am 

HebnerR wrote:

So other than unjustly saddling Huntington and Coonelly with 15 years of losing, what have they done in 8 months that is so bad?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:58 am 

All owners are in it for the money. Period.

Let me know when the Rooney's sell their shares for less than FMV.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:05 am 

Why don't you sit back and let it take shape before you start saying how fine everything is.I remember The Pirates being rated as the no.1 farm system and Bonifay the GM of the year .These are only first steps.Many many more have to occur.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:09 am 

Argentum wrote:
All owners are in it for the money. Period.

Let me know when the Rooney's sell their shares for less than FMV.

When the Steelers lose 17 years in a row, let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:40 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

HebnerR wrote:
Why don't you sit back and let it take shape before you start saying how fine everything is.I remember The Pirates being rated as the no.1 farm system and Bonifay the GM of the year .These are only first steps.Many many more have to occur.

This is, in fact, a fair point. He who musn't be named by name did start out doing the same things that NH is doing. He got a ton of quantity back from Toronto. He got power arms from KC for King and Bell. He drafted power arms, and 5-tool guys.

Then, he stopped. He changed course either out of sheer panic, or because of ownership. I don't know. But, it did seem that Camaroonballs did have a plan similiar to NH's, at the start. Where it went, and why I simply don't know.

ZM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:55 am 

Believe me I am not ripping NH or FC.They look to be smart baseball men and I have been happy with what has happened.I'm just not cleaning my lawn chair for the parade yet.

I have been very anti Ownership and Management and am upfront about it,however I am not stupid.I think things have changed and for the good.Lets keep it going because many things need to be done.It's a very good start and I am hoping for and not against.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:32 pm 

bullishhitter wrote:
It explains alot about the emotions and how owners like Nutting are just in it for the money.

Again, let me know when the Rooney's sell below FMV.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:39 pm 

Argentum wrote:
bullishhitter wrote:
It explains alot about the emotions and how owners like Nutting are just in it for the money.

I wonder if he thinks Mario is in it for more than just the money.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:41 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:
HebnerR wrote:

This is, in fact, a fair point. He who musn't be named by name did start out doing the same things that NH is doing. He got a ton of quantity back from Toronto. He got power arms from KC for King and Bell. He drafted power arms, and 5-tool guys.

Then, he stopped. He changed course either out of sheer panic, or because of ownership. I don't know. But, it did seem that Camaroonballs did have a plan similiar to NH's, at the start. Where it went, and why I simply don't know.

ZM

ZM: I'd argue that CB messed up when he decided to extend long term contracts to the likes of Kendell, Giles, and Young. He was about five years too late on Giles, three on Kendall, and about 25 with Young. I don't think NH would even consider those contracts. Giles was 30 something when he got the big money. ARam was gone a few years later.......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:42 pm 

Jeremy wrote:
Argentum wrote:
bullishhitter wrote:

I wonder if he thinks Mario is in it for more than just the money.

No, Mario was just scouting family vacation destiniations when he was visiting KC.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:44 pm 

Argentum wrote:
No, Mario was just scouting family vacation destiniations when he was visiting KC.

Cuz, Everyone loves KC in the summertime...Mosquitos the size of small birds after the rain...ahh...I can feel the West Nile Virus already!!!

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:04 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
Argentum wrote:

Cuz, Everyone loves KC in the summertime...Mosquitos the size of small birds after the rain...ahh...I can feel the West Nile Virus already!!!

Note to self: never go to Kansas City.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:10 pm 

Willton wrote:
Note to self: never go to Kansas City.

Awww c'mon, they are sooooooo cute!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next