Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Watch Out!
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:26 am 

I lost the STBHOF when our Message Board was lost. But just as a reminder......the Pirates are facing Matt Chico this afternoon. He killed the Pirates last year and was an elite member of the STBHOF. He posted a 1.38 ERA in two starts against the Pirates last season. :shock:

This season so far, Chico is 0-5 with a 6.68 ERA. He has lost all of his starts since his first outing of the season, and has an 11.08 ERA over his last three starts.

Let's hope the Bucs blast him today! I really don't want to watch this "individual" throttle the Pirates again........I really don't!!! I think I'll throw up if he does. I'll have to create another STBHOF all over again anointing him as king. Image

Post subject: Re: Watch Out!
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:54 am 

BD, I think I speak for most, reviving the STBHOF would be most welcome. Chico is truly aweful.

Btw, today's game is a rare 1PM start time in case you hadn't heard.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:17 pm 

[The following is provided as part of Bucfan's "The Power of Negative Thinking" series]

The Pirates have no chance. Matt Stinko will shut them out. The Pirate hitters are terrible. Pfffft. Ronnie Paulino probably plays today. I forecast at least two caught lookings for him.

Now, back to our regular broadcast.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:25 pm 

So what happens in the top of the 1st? Bucs get the bases loaded....even after McLouth grounds out weakly to right side, and Freddy (NOT READY) swings at strike 3 at a ball in the dirt in front of the plate...........Nady gets clunked in the head (glancing blow he is ok) loads the bases........AND! LaRoche with the bases loaded and 2 outs swings at the first pitch and grounds out weakly to 2B.

YEP, it's MAY NOW! LaRoche has another month before he figures out how to hit a baseball.....or is it July?......or August?......or September?......I can't remember now.

AND! As I type Maholm just gives up a 2 run Home Run.......sooooooooo.............one of these games again already......The "stinky" Maholm shows up against the STBHOF Mr. Chico.............WITH a Pirate lineup that includes LaRoche and Paulino.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:51 pm 

Just managed to get on after many repeated tries. And I've been having no problems with our home computer lately. Hope this doesn't mean the site is being hacked again.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:59 pm 

Bob in Boston wrote:
Just managed to get on after many repeated tries. And I've been having no problems with our home computer lately. Hope this doesn't mean the site is being hacked again.

If I were Neil Huntington, I would blame rogue hackers for the Bullington and Moskos picks and ask for a do-over.