Proud fans of a 131-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Radio call of last night
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:57 pm 

jaybee24 wrote:
ZelieMike wrote:
jaybee24 wrote:
I'm going to defend Ryann on this one. When outside sources are calling your announcer's reaction a meltdown, your announcer may have acted a tad unprofessionally:..

OK, so how about when "outside sources" (ESPN) call it the one of the very best they've ever heard?

ZM

Link please.

Apparently you haven't been around here long enough to learn that when you ask Zelie Mike for a link to back up his claims, he tells you to listen to the radio.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:07 am 

A franchise in the midst of what is now 18 consecutive losing seasons, currently in the dreadful 18th year, playing to a sold out crowd and their #1 pick from two years ago and potential future 'savior' hits a (no doubt about it) walk-off HR (into the upper decks) in extra innings; which will essentially serve as the lone bright spot/best highlight of the year.

I say the call was warranted.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:55 am 

Listen people, I was at Forbes Field when Maz hit THE homerun.....I also loved Bob Prince and Jim Woods and thought they were terrific announcers. Were they homers? YES! If Bob Prince (the Gunner) had been calling that game on Saturday night, he would have also been very, very excited and would have screamed, just like Blass!! Steve Blass is an announcer and he is paid for his work, but he's also a fan, and I love enthusiasm and excitement in an announcer. I remember some very, very boring Pirate announcers from the recent past, and no way would I want them back. Give me a Bob Prince and a Steve Blass anyday over some overpaid chump of an announcer who isn't even a Pirate fan!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:03 am 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

omgardd wrote:

Apparently you haven't been around here long enough to learn that when you ask Zelie Mike for a link to back up his claims, he tells you to listen to the radio.

Right, because links to Sportscenter are so common. And, you know, radio is such a bad source of information. Unlike, you know, bloggers.

ZM