Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bucfan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:40 pm 

Haven't heard from you in quite a while. Hope all is well ...

Post subject: Re: Bucfan
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:30 am 

Yes, Bucfan's wit is missing here and where the heck is bassoon?? WE MISS YOU GUYS! :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:02 am 

Bucfan's departure is a bit of a mystery. Unlike BD, he made no announcements that he was no longer going to post here. Perhaps he finally got fed-up with the Pirates and their inability to get over the .500 hump? The tone of his most recent posts were very acerbic, even by his standards, I'm guessing he just needs a break.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:01 pm 
Argentum wrote:
Bucfan's departure is a bit of a mystery. Unlike BD, he made no announcements that he was no longer going to post here. Perhaps he finally got fed-up with the Pirates and their inability to get over the .500 hump? The tone of his most recent posts were very acerbic, even by his standards, I'm guessing he just needs a break.

I think Bucfan is one of the best posters on the entire board. I hope he hasn't quit the board, but I can understand if he has.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:58 pm 

I must say, the community here has developed nicely. We have posters on different sides of most issues, some heated, some very intellectual. Although I have never seen any of you in public(at least I don't think so), there is a friendship based around the sport and team that we love. I truly enjoy Bucfan's insight into the game and I would hate to see him go, and that goes for BD as well. I was really sensing some frustration in the writings of BD and I guess he needed to take a break himself. I hope both come back.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on this board, and I enjoy speaking to everyone, including BH. Sure there are arguments and debates, but all of are after the very same prize, the WS championship returning to the 'Burgh. I'm not going to ever give up on them and I assume many here share those same sentiments.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:02 pm 

Piratefan13 wrote:
I must say, the community here has developed nicely. We have posters on different sides of most issues, some heated, some very intellectual. Although I have never seen any of you in public(at least I don't think so), there is a friendship based around the sport and team that we love. I truly enjoy Bucfan's insight into the game and I would hate to see him go, and that goes for BD as well. I was really sensing some frustration in the writings of BD and I guess he needed to take a break himself. I hope both come back.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on this board, and I enjoy speaking to everyone, including BH. Sure there are arguments and debates, but all of are after the very same prize, the WS championship returning to the 'Burgh. I'm not going to ever give up on them and I assume many here share those same sentiments.

As someone who's left boards on his own, and been banned from a board or two, I really have to give a lot of credit to the mods on this board. It's one of the better sports message boards I've been a part of. You can usually trace a board's success or failure to it's moderators. And we have some good ones.