Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
i still got the tickets for the 26th.section 128 row bb.great seats $50 each.cant beat it anywhere on the net.unless u want standing room.but who wants 2 do that.sit down with great seats for $20 more.hit me up!(724)-630-4236 or (724)-824-8242


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5430
Location: Pittsburgh
Colin21 wrote:
i still got the tickets for the 26th.section 128 row bb.great seats $50 each.cant beat it anywhere on the net.unless u want standing room.but who wants 2 do that.sit down with great seats for $20 more.hit me up!(724)-630-4236 or (724)-824-8242

If you're going to spam, at least take the trouble to type English words instead of chatroom-ese.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:50 pm 
sisyphus wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
i still got the tickets for the 26th.section 128 row bb.great seats $50 each.cant beat it anywhere on the net.unless u want standing room.but who wants 2 do that.sit down with great seats for $20 more.hit me up!(724)-630-4236 or (724)-824-8242

If you're going to spam, at least take the trouble to type English words instead of chatroom-ese.


Sisy, be nice. The dude is offering Pirate tickets on a Pirates message board. Nothing wrong with that. Who gives a crap if he has poor English?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:54 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3006
Elmer wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
i still got the tickets for the 26th.section 128 row bb.great seats $50 each.cant beat it anywhere on the net.unless u want standing room.but who wants 2 do that.sit down with great seats for $20 more.hit me up!(724)-630-4236 or (724)-824-8242

If you're going to spam, at least take the trouble to type English words instead of chatroom-ese.


Sisy, be nice. The dude is offering Pirate tickets on a Pirates message board. Nothing wrong with that. Who gives a crap if he has poor English?


Its also his third friggin post about it. That is spam.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5430
Location: Pittsburgh
Elmer wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Colin21 wrote:
i still got the tickets for the 26th.section 128 row bb.great seats $50 each.cant beat it anywhere on the net.unless u want standing room.but who wants 2 do that.sit down with great seats for $20 more.hit me up!(724)-630-4236 or (724)-824-8242

If you're going to spam, at least take the trouble to type English words instead of chatroom-ese.


Sisy, be nice. The dude is offering Pirate tickets on a Pirates message board. Nothing wrong with that. Who gives a crap if he has poor English?

He's offering to accept a healthy profit in return for Pirates tickets. He's spamming.

If you like reading chatspeak and spam that's your business, but I'd prefer not to.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:58 pm 
sisyphus wrote:
If you like reading chatspeak and spam that's your business, but I'd prefer not to.


I just think you should be nice to the new poster. If you don't like what he's selling, don't buy it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5430
Location: Pittsburgh
Elmer wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
If you like reading chatspeak and spam that's your business, but I'd prefer not to.


I just think you should be nice to the new poster. If you don't like what he's selling, don't buy it.

I don't care what he's selling. I don't care for the fact that he's selling it here instead of at a more appropriate place like eBay, and I care that he doesn't bother to show his unwilling customers enough respect to actually type "to" instead of "2".

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:19 pm 
sisyphus wrote:
Elmer wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
If you like reading chatspeak and spam that's your business, but I'd prefer not to.


I just think you should be nice to the new poster. If you don't like what he's selling, don't buy it.

I don't care what he's selling. I don't care for the fact that he's selling it here instead of at a more appropriate place like eBay, and I care that he doesn't bother to show his unwilling customers enough respect to actually type "to" instead of "2".


To each their own. That kind of "code" or whatever you want to call it is pretty common, for right or wrong. Don't let it bother you so much. I think you'll see more and more of it in the years to come.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
well im glad im not a jerk like sisyphus.but i only put up 2 post about tickets not 3.n the second one was to say that i already sold a set.so piss off.im here for more than to just sell those tickets to if u look instead of yapping ive been very active since arriving.but thanks to those who defended me and i hope we can get back to baseball talk instead of crying


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3138
Large doses of bad grammar and internet lingo irk me as much as the next long-time forum user, however, I wouldn't label this guy as spam. He made a couple of posts in one of the Toronto game threads the other night. If joining the board simply to get rid of his tickets, then I would agree, but it seems to me that he's attempting to contribute to baseball talk as well, and that's fine by me. Besides, it's not like it would hurt this place to get a couple of fresh voices for a change. Additionally regarding his style of posting, it gets on my nerves too however it's kind of a pointless argument because there is no law against how someone has to post on the internet. In reality it would be up to bucco boy if he wants him to type in correct sentences or, u know.2 keep posting like this.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
I do plan to stay around here and post cause this seemed like a good board , its very active.I already got my tickets sold so no need to talk about that anymore , but also i'm not going to leave this message board unless in forced to.i got tired of posting on yahoo boards and not having anybody reply to me anymore.i found this site through a google search and i really like it and i plan to stay active.also if me typing 4 instead of four is a problem i can change it.it was just to shorten my sentence up , but don't say i have poor english or writing because i don't and i dont think it really matters how i write it but if its a problem i can change it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3138
Glad to have you aboard, Colin.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:19 am
Posts: 1507
Yes, welcome aboard, Colin! The # 21 is in honor of the great one? I named one of my cats "Roberto" back in the seventies. :)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
yes it is and thank you both


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5430
Location: Pittsburgh
TheShark wrote:
Large doses of bad grammar and internet lingo irk me as much as the next long-time forum user, however, I wouldn't label this guy as spam. He made a couple of posts in one of the Toronto game threads the other night. If joining the board simply to get rid of his tickets, then I would agree, but it seems to me that he's attempting to contribute to baseball talk as well, and that's fine by me. Besides, it's not like it would hurt this place to get a couple of fresh voices for a change. Additionally regarding his style of posting, it gets on my nerves too however it's kind of a pointless argument because there is no law against how someone has to post on the internet. In reality it would be up to bucco boy if he wants him to type in correct sentences or, u know.2 keep posting like this.

Your point that he's not ONLY a spammer doesn't change the fact that his unsolicited post offering to sell tickets at a profit is classic message board spam.

It surely isn't my message board, and I've never said otherwise, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5430
Location: Pittsburgh
Colin21 wrote:
I do plan to stay around here and post cause this seemed like a good board , its very active.I already got my tickets sold so no need to talk about that anymore , but also i'm not going to leave this message board unless in forced to.i got tired of posting on yahoo boards and not having anybody reply to me anymore.i found this site through a google search and i really like it and i plan to stay active.also if me typing 4 instead of four is a problem i can change it.it was just to shorten my sentence up , but don't say i have poor english or writing because i don't and i dont think it really matters how i write it but if its a problem i can change it

Chatspeak fine for chatrooms, if you're into that sort of thing, because things happen a lot more quickly in chatrooms. There isn't any law that you have to follow my advice, but I think you'll get a lot more replies on message boards by avoiding chatspeak, and by making some attempt at capitalization and punctuation. It's your call though.

I didn't say that "you have poor english". I criticized you for using chatspeak.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
You are allowed but i don't think you get something.I sold my ticket and it wasnt through this message board or any other.It was to a friend and i am still going to say around this message board and stay active.I don't dislike you but my goal is to make you eat your words that i won't stay around.

Your old school and i'm only 20 and i believe i know alot about the game.i took my school to the WPIAL finals back a couple years ago and i like to talk about the game as much as i liked playing it.i like the difference in our opinions cause its 2 generations opinions on the same topic.you see the game alot differently then i do and sometimes i think we both have strong points.
but im not leaving this forum anytime soon.im not even going to post anymore on other forums.
im just going to stay on this 1


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:04 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 11:28 pm
Posts: 2170
Cant wait to see the yankees im going to 2 games

_________________
0 straight losing seasons


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am
Posts: 3138
sisyphus wrote:
Your point that he's not ONLY a spammer doesn't change the fact that his unsolicited post offering to sell tickets at a profit is classic message board spam.


Oh, come on. If say, Bucfan or Bob in Boston made a thread to sell some leftover tickets they had, I don't think anyone would be jumping on them for "spamming". And if this guy is true to his word and is posting actual, real baseball talk, which he without a doubt is with 15 posts (not to mention he was talking about the Toronto series before any of this spam-talk started), there's no real difference. Sure, his first post was the ticket post, but he also came to talk baseball, so I have no problem. That's something I don't consider spam. Ima Tool from Missoula, Montana informing me about a new "natural enhancement supplement that works in 2 days" and giving me an e-mail address about how to order some is what I do consider spam. Hell, I know lots of boards, whether they be for spots teams or whatever, which even have a "ticket" subforum for trading/selling tickets, ect. It's a nice way to do it because you give a loyal fan a chance to take them off your hands instead of selling them on Craigslist/eBay/whatever and probably getting more for them and the buyer is possibly just selling it to make an even bigger profit. Not that this is always the case, nor are there obviously cases which it is vice versa, but you get my point.

sisyphus wrote:

It surely isn't my message board, and I've never said otherwise, but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion.


Following your notion that you never said it wasn't your board, I never said you weren't allowed to have an opinion. My response about the internet lingo is my opinion on the matter you brought up, and a pretty simple one at that: I don't believe there are any "rules" about proper pronunciation and grammar though some of us (including myself) prefer to read it that way. Therefor, I just find it to be a moot point for someone to criticize the way someone types their messages, unless the administrator has specifically ordered it to go one way or the other.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: YANKEES@PIRATES TICKETS 4 SALE(2 SOLD)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:46 am 
Welcome Colin. It's great to have some new blood on the board.

That b*tching about your chatspeak and "spamming" by selling tickets - that's classic Sisyphus. Don't mind him. Sisyphus is one of the few negatives about this board. For the most part, it's a great place with great posters.

Welcome!!!!


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits