Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Smizik's column
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:01 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
From some of the talk I've heard on radio shows and in the paper, Littlefield rarely took the advice of some of his people working for him...like in the draft last season...

I heard the same thing from the mouth of a front office person more than a year before Littlefield was canned.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:52 am 

BBF wrote:
Ollie wrote:
If the Pirates wanted to spend $10 million on a player weren't there quality pitchers in Japan we could have tried? What are the Dodgers paying Kuroda? I realize it's a risk (Igawa hasn't done much for the Yanks.)

I'm not entirely sure Dave Littlefield would be capable of finding Japan on a map, let alone recruiting quality pitchers from that country.

Total sabotage.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:13 pm 

sis,
I've been meaning to ask... do you correlate your avatar to the plight of the Pirates(constantly rolling a bulder up a hill only to have it rolled all the way down prior to reaching the top...for all eternity), or do you just dig the picture, or are you a Greek historian?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:28 pm 

Piratefan13 wrote:
sis,
I've been meaning to ask... do you correlate your avatar to the plight of the Pirates(constantly rolling a bulder up a hill only to have it rolled all the way down prior to reaching the top...for all eternity), or do you just dig the picture, or are you a Greek historian?

I chose the name many years ago for posting at a political forum. It was VERY appropriate for that venue. I don't know if you've ever gone to any of those places, but some of them are extremely nasty. Lots of namecalling and occasional threats of physical violence. You knew that the poster you were talking to was never going to concede even your most obvious points, let alone change his opinion, so I became Sisyphus. I only continued posting because there were many lurkers who read the posts, but didn't post themselves. Those folks may have had open minds.