Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: LaRoche Sucks
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:14 pm 

Elmer wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Elmer wrote:
LaRoche had a good day yesterday. Cue the cheerleaders.

No Elmer, some of us understand the importance of sample size.

April, May and June isn't a big enough sample size for you?

Those of us who are paying attention know that LaRoche hit okay in May. LaRoche has basically had 6 bad weeks and 4 decent weeks.

Three months is certainly better than two weeks. A full season is better than three months. A career is better than a full season.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:21 pm 
sisyphus wrote:
Those of us who are paying attention know that LaRoche hit okay in May. LaRoche has basically had 6 bad weeks and 4 decent weeks. Three months is certainly better than two weeks. A full season is better than three months. A career is better than a full season.

6 bad weeks and 4 decent weeks does not warrant being a full-time starter, in my opinion. You can only help yourself by playing hot bats and resting struggling bats. I see no downside to that.

I'd play Nady (with Michaels in right) a little at first, Mienkiewicz here and there and LaRoche here and there until -- or if -- LaRoche starts hitting consistently. I'd do the same thing with Gomez/Rivas/Freddy at second.

It's win win. If Michales/Minky/Gomez/Rivas don't hit much, then stop giving them playing time. If Freddy/LaRoche start hitting, give them more playing time. It's win win.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:07 pm 

Elmer wrote:
sisyphus wrote:
Those of us who are paying attention know that LaRoche hit okay in May. LaRoche has basically had 6 bad weeks and 4 decent weeks. Three months is certainly better than two weeks. A full season is better than three months. A career is better than a full season.

6 bad weeks and 4 decent weeks does not warrant being a full-time starter, in my opinion. You can only help yourself by playing hot bats and resting struggling bats. I see no downside to that.

I'd play Nady (with Michaels in right) a little at first, Mienkiewicz here and there and LaRoche here and there until -- or if -- LaRoche starts hitting consistently. I'd do the same thing with Gomez/Rivas/Freddy at second.

It's win win. If Michales/Minky/Gomez/Rivas don't hit much, then stop giving them playing time. If Freddy/LaRoche start hitting, give them more playing time. It's win win.

It's a lose/lose. Both Michaels and especially Rivas have already proven that they are not every day major leaguers. Why you would consider Minky at all is beyond me, as his OPS+ is barely higher than LaRoche's.

Post subject: Re: LaRoche (Sigh)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:38 pm 

LaRoche SUCKS!

Post subject: Re: LaRoche (Sigh)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:43 pm 

It's Capps time, gents!