Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 5-28-08 Pirates-Reds
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:41 pm 

Sorry. Did not get the thread up in time. Must get the game thread going before Gorzellany pitches the bottom of the first. The game is officially over after the first inning.

Post subject: Re: 5-28-08 Pirates-Reds
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:59 pm 

Freddy Sanchez cannot keep playing if he insists on swinging at balls that bounce, 12" off the plate.

He has fanned 6 or 7 times this season that I have witnessed on balls that are not even remotely close to the strike zone.

The league is aware that he will swing at garbage in the dirt, and will keep throwing it UNTIL HE FOKKING STOPS.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:03 pm 

Once again, I owe the Pirates a debt. Rolling over and playing dead in the first inning means I shut off this horrid debacle and have more time to do something productive.

I am going to the market, and might go for a run later. Watching the Pirates stink up the field could get a guy in shape for a marathon.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:08 pm 

LOL I am watching the royals Twins LOLOL again

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:13 pm 

And I'm watching the Stanley Cup between periods show. Not even checking in on the Succos.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:16 pm 

Argentum wrote:
And I'm watching the Stanley Cup between periods show. Not even checking in on the Succos.

So I suppose you just heard him call the Clemente Bridge the Smithfield Bridge, and then boast how he is finally learning which bridge is which. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:03 am 

BBF wrote:
Argentum wrote:

So I suppose you just heard him call the Clemente Bridge the Smithfield Bridge, and then boast how he is finally learning which bridge is which. :lol:

I missed that one. Those shows were horrible. I'm not a big fan of Ovechkin, but I wish he would have checked Milbury into the back set. Ovechkin is being humble and is suffering from a language barrier, Milbury is going out of his way to be a dick.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:42 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
Freddy Sanchez cannot keep playing if he insists on swinging at balls that bounce, 12" off the plate.

He has fanned 6 or 7 times this season that I have witnessed on balls that are not even remotely close to the strike zone.

The league is aware that he will swing at garbage in the dirt, and will keep throwing it UNTIL HE FOKKING STOPS.

He must be taking lessons from the Randall Simon School Of Hitting Bad Pitches and Sausage Racers...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:14 pm 

nad69dan wrote:
Bucfan wrote:

He must be taking lessons from the Randall Simon School Of Hitting Bad Pitches and Sausage Racers...

Hitting the sausage, great memories. Say what you want about Simon, that was still a classic moment for me. Was just referencing it the other day to a friend. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:48 pm 

TheShark wrote:
Hitting the sausage, great memories. Say what you want about Simon, that was still a classic moment for me. Was just referencing it the other day to a friend. :lol:

I always thought that it was embarrassing. The most publicity that Pirate team received at any point during the season came when a player clubbed a young girl wearing a foam suit on the back of the head.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:59 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
TheShark wrote:

I always thought that it was embarrassing. The most publicity that Pirate team received at any point during the season came when a player clubbed a young girl wearing a foam suit on the back of the head.

Not only was it the most publicity we received that year, it was also the only occasion that a Pirates batter made contact with a swing all year. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:36 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
TheShark wrote:

Like I said, classic! When it comes to the Pirates, "classic" stuff most of the time doesn't mean good stuff!

In all seriousness, didn't the girl in the suit just fall down but didn't suffer any injuries? I always thought all of the hate towards Simon in the press afterwards was ridiculous, he merely tapped it with his bat (if I recall correctly).

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:10 pm 

TheShark wrote:
In all seriousness, didn't the girl in the suit just fall down but didn't suffer any injuries? I always thought all of the hate towards Simon in the press afterwards was ridiculous, he merely tapped it with his bat (if I recall correctly).

Yes, the young lady who was hit was great. She scraped her knees but was extremely cool about the situation. (Recall that two of the people in the costumes went down.) It was the city attorney who investigated possible charges against Simon.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/07/ ... 2473.shtml

P.S. The hyper-inflated response by the Brewer official was just inane: ""one of the most outrageous things I've ever seen inside a ballpark or outside a ballpark. It sickened me to see it."

Yeah, much worse than Bobby Kennedy getting shot, or Reginald Denny getting kicked in the head by gang members, or soccer riots, or genocide.

Last edited by Bucfan on Fri May 30, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:11 pm 

Bucfan wrote:
TheShark wrote:

Randall Simon could be seen as a hero in some ways from this incident too...He might have saved her from getting eaten by Prince Fielder on the other side of the field!!!

Attachments:
260px-JabbaTheHutt.jpg
260px-JabbaTheHutt.jpg [ 18.67 KiB | Viewed 189 times ]

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...