Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:45 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6163
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.
Smizik is like a troll. He just likes to stir it up and is past his time.
You have to watch what you say about DK 'round here but other than being a fan, where did his "baseball genius" evolve from. Most writers, as I heard Farrell basketball coaching legend Ed McCluskey once say, don't know whether you blow it up or stuff it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 4072
Location: Zelienople, PA
I am trying to get hold of DK. I suspect our good friend Rod has misquoted DK or at the minimum, taken what he said way out of context.

I only used the troll because he is Rod's hero.

ZM

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7193
I'm guessing he might have been talking about the atmosphere of the clubhouse...

It seems they were in shock by it...but nothing more than that...

Of course it didn't help Neal couldn't talk to the team as a whole, since he's in Bradenton getting ready for the draft...

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:25 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
ZelieMike wrote:
I am trying to get hold of DK. I suspect our good friend Rod has misquoted DK or at the minimum, taken what he said way out of context.

I only used the troll because he is Rod's hero.

ZM



:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That restraining order that Nutting has on you, also applies to Dejan.

I think he said something like, "Don't answer any calls from any of those Nutting worshipping freaks on the rotunda..." :lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:27 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
nad69dan wrote:
I'm guessing he might have been talking about the atmosphere of the clubhouse...

It seems they were in shock by it...but nothing more than that...

Of course it didn't help Neal couldn't talk to the team as a whole, since he's in Bradenton getting ready for the draft...


Go to channel 14's website, look up the broadcast to the sports call in show for the other night, and you'll see it for your own apologist eyes.

"This sends a bad message to the players...".


He said it, he meant it, so start your crying now. :lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7193
what station is channel 14?

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 4072
Location: Zelienople, PA
Rod Serling wrote:
That restraining order that Nutting has on you, also applies to Dejan.

I think he said something like, "Don't answer any calls from any of those Nutting worshipping freaks on the rotunda..." :lol:


DK was YOUR source for this. Smizik is YOUR hero of "respected journalism". I guess that Smizik likes the trade means he isn't anymore.

Troll.

ZM

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:11 pm
Posts: 5350
Location: 120 miles west of Iowa City
Rod Serling wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That restraining order that Nutting has on you, also applies to Dejan.


Hey ZM, did Kovacevic serve the restraining order on you when you were attending games together? Just curious.

_________________
Reflexively, obsessively and tastelessly submitted,
No. 9
Obsessive proponent of situational bunting and 2 strike hitting approaches, reflexively pro-catchers calling good games and tasteless proponent of the value of a RBI.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7193
Heres the link...

http://www.hotklix.com/link/sports/othe ... s-Call-6-4

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1326
nad69dan wrote:


Well, I don't know if I agree or disagree with DK but I definitely think he should comb his hair before appearing on TV.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1326
burghermeister wrote:
nad69dan wrote:


Well, I don't know if I agree or disagree with DK but I definitely think he should comb his hair before appearing on TV.


Seriously, I thought DK's response was pretty measured and not one-sided against the trade. As a good reporter does, he tried to draw out the pros and cons. Pompeani was a doofus as always.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 4072
Location: Zelienople, PA
That is what I thought burgher... One can also, factually, say the Dejan said that the Pirates "don't care" and the would be true as far as it goes. No context.

This "bad message" is all in the context of asking players to play like your going to be here forever. And, I would agree that NH will have to earn players trust again in terms of believing in permanence. I suspect peramanence will come to a degree, when you have a lot of good players.

ZM

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:32 pm
Posts: 3173
Location: Darlington, Pennsylvania
ZelieMike wrote:
That is what I thought burgher... One can also, factually, say the Dejan said that the Pirates "don't care" and the would be true as far as it goes. No context.

This "bad message" is all in the context of asking players to play like your going to be here forever. And, I would agree that NH will have to earn players trust again in terms of believing in permanence. I suspect peramanence will come to a degree, when you have a lot of good players.

ZM


Well it doesn't seem to be going so well right now.
Did anybody hear about the candle thing in the locker room?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:28 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 pm
Posts: 384
Colin21 wrote:
ZelieMike wrote:
That is what I thought burgher... One can also, factually, say the Dejan said that the Pirates "don't care" and the would be true as far as it goes. No context.

This "bad message" is all in the context of asking players to play like your going to be here forever. And, I would agree that NH will have to earn players trust again in terms of believing in permanence. I suspect peramanence will come to a degree, when you have a lot of good players.

ZM


Well it doesn't seem to be going so well right now.
Did anybody hear about the candle thing in the locker room?


The players are unhappy, so they have a candle lit with the number 13 above it to honor Nate.

As Dejan K. said, "The management needs to remember these are human beings involved here."

Yep. He said that too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:34 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6163
I watched the video and DK was fiar minded with his statements.
He looked like he had been up with a sick kid all night.
This is a business my friends, never forget that.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm
Posts: 4072
Location: Zelienople, PA
That was the look of someone with a bad back.

ZM

_________________
Someone tell Votto... rbis are good


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:20 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6163
Yep.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10516
Rod Serling wrote:
As Dejan K. said, "The management needs to remember these are human beings involved here."

And if I were on the Buccos right now, trading McLouth would make me miserable. Nate was clearly one of the best offensive player on the Buccos and played with gusto and a love for the game.

But the Pirates management cannot fall into the syndrome of hanging onto one or two good players, hoping that somehow the rest of the roster, with guys like Tike Redman, and Kevin Polcovich, and Marc Wilkins, and Jose Mesa, and Roberto Hernandez, and Steve Cooke, and Chris Peters, and Jermaine Allensworth, and Kevin Young "find it" and help lead the team to the World Series.

The Pirates need to add 30 high-ceiling, high talent guys. Why? Because 50% of them will crap out or not be that good, meaning that the Buccos get 15 really good players.

Drafting that many guys is not going to happen. The blue-chip guys are gone by the Pirates' second round pick. Getting 30 such players would take 20-30 drafts, i.e., 20-30 years.

I don't think the guys who pan out are going to stay with the team for 20 years or more.

So, what does a team do? Trade a proven guy at peak value for somebody like, say, Grady Sizemore, or Cliff Lee, or Brandon Phillips.

I bet a lot of Indians fans were pissed that their team traded their best pitcher (Bartolo Colon) for three "nobodies" who were minor leaguers.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:33 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6163
And why rounds 5-20 are crucial in adding depth and taking some chances with players and what they can project to.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: McLouth Traded to Atlanta!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:01 pm
Posts: 7193
I had to bump this post...

How is this trade looking now?

_________________
I say keep the $50 and ban him anyway...

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits