Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Have we begun to finally exorcise some long present demons?
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:59 pm 

As much as anyone here, I have been excited by this little homestand of the Bucs as they won six in a row.

I could not help but think that there was a little "karma" going on here as to these victories came against two franchises who have pretty much held a black cloud in place over our beloved team these last sixteeen years!

First off, it was the Giants, whom we had to watch Bonds (albeit a juiced up Macy's Day Balloon head freak Bonds) be a powerful force in the line up for another team after he just walked away from the organization that had developed him and the fans that cheered him, only because of the insane economics of the game.

And then the Braves. No more need be said!

I like to think that this little homestand was a harbinger of things to come. And, oh yes, look at the standings and see the Rays and Marlins with their low payrolls atop the majors and teams like the Texas Rangers and Seattle Mariners in the basement.

I can't wait to see the Bucs knock off the Cubs for the wild card this year! I want to see Matt Capps strike out Aramis Ramirez in the bottom of the ninth for the win.

Let's Go Bucs!

Post subject: Re: Have we begun to finally exorcise some long present demons?
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:54 am 

Henry Clay wrote:
First off, it was the Giants, whom we had to watch Bonds (albeit a juiced up Macy's Day Balloon head freak Bonds) be a powerful force in the line up for another team after he just walked away from the organization that had developed him and the fans that cheered him, only because of the insane economics of the game.

This observation demands a visual:

Former Pirate Barry Bonds checks his chemical, err, training aids.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:01 am 

We will find out, as we have 2 more recent demons in the Cards and the Cubs coming up.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:29 am 

Omar Moreno Fan wrote:
We will find out, as we have 2 more recent demons in the Cards and the Cubs coming up.

The next month is nothing but central opponents, if we're going to make any noise in the central, now is the time to do it.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:08 pm 
 WWW  Profile

This is a very scary/exciting/important/HUGE stretch coming up. It's time for the lesser-known players to really step up. Bautista, Bixler, and the back end of the rotation are key.

#7 Baylor Bears (3-0) at Iowa State Cyclones (1-2)
Jack Trice Stadium
September 27, 2014
7:00 PM CST
FOX

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:38 pm 

IA Pirate wrote:
Bautista, Bixler, and the back end of the rotation are key.

That prospect is making me slightly nauseaus. All I can say is that Bixler seems to come to the plate with runners on base at least 1x, sometimes 2x, per game and he never delivers.

Never.

Strikeout, popup, grounder, etc.

Followed by the pitching spot, where the Pirate pitchers have to be the worst hitters in the league.

Any time a pitcher gets in trouble, he can simply work around Laroche, then go after Bautista, Bixler and the pitcher.