Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: new logo for the pirates in 2014
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:22 am 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:12 pm
Posts: 1128
I did not see this anywhere and it caught my by surprise...
http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/12/pirat ... t=uk_t2_a7


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: new logo for the pirates in 2014
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:52 pm
Posts: 5444
Location: Pittsburgh
batterup wrote:
I did not see this anywhere and it caught my by surprise...
http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/12/pirat ... t=uk_t2_a7

Just please. PLEASE let it bear no resemblance to the clean shaven pirate of the 70s. I hated that one.

_________________
"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: new logo for the pirates in 2014
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:58 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:21 am
Posts: 5640
sisyphus wrote:
batterup wrote:
I did not see this anywhere and it caught my by surprise...
http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/12/pirat ... t=uk_t2_a7

Just please. PLEASE let it bear no resemblance to the clean shaven pirate of the 70s. I hated that one.


Or this one...

Image

_________________
Rage, rage against the regression of the light.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: new logo for the pirates in 2014
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:43 pm
Posts: 4984
Location: Omaha, NE via Sioux City, Kansas City, and Chicago
I hope they try to keep it simple.

_________________
#19 Oklahoma Sooners (5-2) at Iowa State Cyclones (2-5)
November 1, 2014
Jack Trice Stadium
Ames, IA
11:00 AM Fox Sports 1


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: new logo for the pirates in 2014
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:29 pm
Posts: 894
Location: Bradenton, FL.
Here's my design idea that should fit well with the team

Image

_________________
LetsGoMarauders - Website
LetsGoMarauders - Twitter
GCL Pirates Fan Page
FIL Pirates Fan Page

A fan-made, fan-run site to support the Marauders/Pirates.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: new logo for the pirates in 2014
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:20 pm 
Offline
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 6283
Where have you gone Al Martin.... 8-) 8-)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: new logo for the pirates in 2014
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:07 pm
Posts: 1592
sisyphus wrote:
batterup wrote:
I did not see this anywhere and it caught my by surprise...
http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/12/pirat ... t=uk_t2_a7

Just please. PLEASE let it bear no resemblance to the clean shaven pirate of the 70s. I hated that one.


That's actually my favorite.

I didn't like the late 80's and 90's one. Blah beige.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: new logo for the pirates in 2014
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:10 am
Posts: 1330
Here are a few potential models that they could work off of...

A Somali Pirate
Image

An Internet Pirate
Image

The Dread Pirate Roberts
Image

I actually really like the third idea. TDPR is way cooler than Jack Sparrow IMHO. Real pirates don't wear eye-liner.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: new logo for the pirates in 2014
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 10727
This thread seems the right place for the following pirate joke ...

A pirate captain encounters a British navy warship with cannons galore. He tells his first mate, "Take charge while I put on my red shirt." He returns 10 minutes later, and the battle ensues. The Pirate ship is triumphant, and after the battle, the first mate asks the captain, "Why did you change your shirt?"

The captain replies, "If I'm wounded in battle and begin bleeding, I don't want the crew to notice." "Brilliant," thinks the first mate.

A week later the same pirate ship encounters 14 British naval warships, with hundreds of cannons. The pirate captain tells his first mate, "Take charge while I put on my brown pants."


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: new logo for the pirates in 2014
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:20 am 
Offline
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:06 pm
Posts: 3398
Location: Westmoreland County Pennsylvania
Bucfan wrote:
This thread seems the right place for the following pirate joke ...

A pirate captain encounters a British navy warship with cannons galore. He tells his first mate, "Take charge while I put on my red shirt." He returns 10 minutes later, and the battle ensues. The Pirate ship is triumphant, and after the battle, the first mate asks the captain, "Why did you change your shirt?"

The captain replies, "If I'm wounded in battle and begin bleeding, I don't want the crew to notice." "Brilliant," thinks the first mate.

A week later the same pirate ship encounters 14 British naval warships, with hundreds of cannons. The pirate captain tells his first mate, "Take charge while I put on my brown pants."


:lol: Good one Bucfan. I've heard that one before, but forgot it.

_________________
Image...You can observe a lot by just watching. -Yogi Berra


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Design By Poker Bandits