Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Serious Question for Board Members
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:05 am 

I asked the question because, based upon what I've read so far, what I quoted - "Live each day so fully that if you died at the end of it you'd not regret the things left undone and take pride of the things accomplished" - is the translated meaning of "Hoka Hey." While certainly not defending, excusing, chastising, etc. any or all of Kyle Stark's conduct, I'm thinking that if his email signature included the translated version of "Hoka Hey," it would not have been the subject of such great ridicule. The notion of living each day to the fullest such that . . . if one were to face the Grim Reaper at the end of the day . . . you'd have no regrets may be unrealistic but it is certainly not ridiculous.

Post subject: Re: Serious Question for Board Members
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:12 am 

I think it's too long. For my money, the Notre Dame locker room exit at the door is a great one; 'play like a champion'. BTW-- I'm not a ND fan.