Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Out like a lamb . . .
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:09 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
I was upset enough at the lackluster effort today, but the end of the game really ticked me off. The entire Braves team came out of the dugout to acknowledge their sizable fanbase in attendance, then Chipper came back out a second time on his own.

What did the Bucs do for the home crowd of 20,000? Yep, slink away into the locker room without even a peep. The bullpen guys came across the field and a few guys interacted (Resop gave his glove away and Karstens tossed his cap) but that was it. The only PBC employee who did anything was Herberto Andrade the bullpen catcher who stopped and emptied his bag tossing baseballs to the crowd (I was lucky to snag one for my boy). Nothing but class till the very end Buccos, can someone hire a PR guy for this club?

I was watching to end of the game, and that really suprised me too! You think the players would do something a bit more special for the hometown crowd on the last game of the year! I thought maybe the players would show some class and maybe sign some autographs or throw some memorabillia to the fans...but hey maybe all that memorabilia gets sold privately by Nutting, it sure wouldn't suprise me...