All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Out like a lamb . . .
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:03 pm 

0 runs
4 hits
0 walks
11 Ks (including 3 by Mr. Kdro)
No runner advancing to second base

A fitting end to a horrifically awful finish. I haven't been able to stomach watching this team for nearly 2 weeks. It saddens me greatly to admit that I am relieved that the season is over. Its practically cruel and unusual punishment that it took a historic collapse to reach a new historic low in losing seasons. Yeah . . . the season brought many happy moments . . . but its been a bitter freaking second half of the season.

It feels a bit like infidelity (or what I suspect infidelity would feel like) but my baseball fix has been satisfied by watching the O's, the A's and the Cardinals. I'm fully on board pulling for the Cardinals to repeat and I'm hoping that they face the Orioles.

I hope this "kicked in the gut" feeling goes away soon. Given how the Iowa Hawkeye and Kansas City Chiefs football teams have been playing, it looks to be a long, long winter . . . .

Post subject: Re: Out like a lamb . . .
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:36 pm 

I was upset enough at the lackluster effort today, but the end of the game really ticked me off. The entire Braves team came out of the dugout to acknowledge their sizable fanbase in attendance, then Chipper came back out a second time on his own.

What did the Bucs do for the home crowd of 20,000? Yep, slink away into the locker room without even a peep. The bullpen guys came across the field and a few guys interacted (Resop gave his glove away and Karstens tossed his cap) but that was it. The only PBC employee who did anything was Herberto Andrade the bullpen catcher who stopped and emptied his bag tossing baseballs to the crowd (I was lucky to snag one for my boy). Nothing but class till the very end Buccos, can someone hire a PR guy for this club?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:50 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:
I was upset enough at the lackluster effort today, but the end of the game really ticked me off. The entire Braves team came out of the dugout to acknowledge their sizable fanbase in attendance, then Chipper came back out a second time on his own.

What did the Bucs do for the home crowd of 20,000? Yep, slink away into the locker room without even a peep. The bullpen guys came across the field and a few guys interacted (Resop gave his glove away and Karstens tossed his cap) but that was it. The only PBC employee who did anything was Herberto Andrade the bullpen catcher who stopped and emptied his bag tossing baseballs to the crowd (I was lucky to snag one for my boy). Nothing but class till the very end Buccos, can someone hire a PR guy for this club?

From what I understand, this is about 180 degrees from previous seasons. I'm betting that No. 12 will write some very harsh words . . . . in previous years, he wrote very favorably about the players' appreciation for the fans after the last out of the last home game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:24 pm 

No. 9 wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:

From what I understand, this is about 180 degrees from previous seasons. I'm betting that No. 12 will write some very harsh words . . . . in previous years, he wrote very favorably about the players' appreciation for the fans after the last out of the last home game.

The Pirates had Fan Appreciation Day Sunday, combined with celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Clemente's 3,000th hit. I was at the game Monday and it seemed like there were more Braves fans there than Pirate fans.

For those jumping ship, we'll keep the bandwagon warm for you...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:20 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:

Fan appreciation day was on Sunday.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:37 pm 

No. 9 wrote:

It feels a bit like infidelity (or what I suspect infidelity would feel like) but my baseball fix has been satisfied by watching the O's, the A's and the Cardinals. I'm fully on board pulling for the Cardinals to repeat and I'm hoping that they face the Orioles.

I hope this "kicked in the gut" feeling goes away soon. Given how the Iowa Hawkeye and Kansas City Chiefs football teams have been playing, it looks to be a long, long winter . . . .

I'm getting my fix from the Nats and the Os who I hope meet in the Series....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:02 am 

sisyphus wrote:
Barrys Dopers wrote:

Fan appreciation day was on Sunday.

I was there Sunday, they did tha jersey giveaway like the Pens do, but nothing else. That wasn't the last game of the season.

The Braves acknowledged their road fans and we don't bother with our home fans. Come on, stop making excuses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:12 pm 

...yes it was sheer frustration. At least we got to see Chipper get a hit in his final reg. season at ba-aa-aa-t

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:45 pm 

ParrotLuv wrote:
...yes it was sheer frustration. At least we got to see Chipper get a hit in his final reg. season at ba-aa-aa-t

It was like clockwork, too.

That guy's a machine.

My only gripe were those idiots chanting 'Lar-ry!'

Ugh.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:57 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:

Pretty sure Hanrahan gave his cleats to a kid, too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:09 pm 

Barrys Dopers wrote:

I was watching to end of the game, and that really suprised me too! You think the players would do something a bit more special for the hometown crowd on the last game of the year! I thought maybe the players would show some class and maybe sign some autographs or throw some memorabillia to the fans...but hey maybe all that memorabilia gets sold privately by Nutting, it sure wouldn't suprise me...