Proud fans of a 128-year old tradition

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wives and girlfriends last night
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:04 am 

Someone already mentioned how lovely Pedro's wife was, but how about some hubba hubbas for

McCutchen's girlfriend, Maria! Wow!

Mrs. McHenry is a dark haired knockout

Jones's fiancee looked like a typical bubbly blonde with a pretty smile.

Post subject: Re: Wives and girlfriends last night
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:13 am 

Everyone who watched the game on TV (my GF included) kept telling me that I should go over to the V.I.P. Club so I could check out all the "hot fur". ;)

I'm picturing McKenry's wife as being half a head taller than him. I will be seriously crestfallen if someone tells me that this is not the case.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:16 am 

Mrs. Fort was my favorite.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:17 am 

Judge Landis wrote:
Everyone who watched the game on TV (my GF included) kept telling me that I should go over to the V.I.P. Club so I could check out all the "hot fur". ;)

I'm picturing McKenry's wife as being half a head taller than him. I will be seriously crestfallen if someone tells me that this is not the case.

"Hot fur?" :?:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:26 am 

Ralphie wrote:
Mrs. Fort was my favorite.

She was my second favorite, and as I pointed out to my wife, if I remember his bio correctly they were married before he was traded to the Bucs. If he was able to land her, as a borderline major leaguer and not a big star making millions yet, then I really tip my hat to him

My favorite was Maria Hanslovan, Cutch's girlfriend, a total knockout. Based on her last name I would guess she is Cuban. Speaking of ethnicity, I wanted to see Karsten's betrothed last night, just to see her last name again, I think she is Albanian.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:38 am 

J.D. wrote:
Judge Landis wrote:

Sorry. I "collect" outdated slang. That one dates back to the 70's. If you need me to explain the etymology, let me know and I'll PM you. :D

Also, consider me crestfallen. I Googled Jaclyn McKenry and found one of their wedding photos. She's about 5 foot nothing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:48 am 

Judge Landis wrote:
J.D. wrote:
Judge Landis wrote:

Sorry. I "collect" outdated slang. That one dates back to the 70's. If you need me to explain the etymology, let me know and I'll PM you. :D

Also, consider me crestfallen. I Googled Jaclyn McKenry and found one of their wedding photos. She's about 5 foot nothing.

Yeah I got it, kinda outdated, sort of like when we were on the golf course the other day and someone missed a putt by a whisker and I said, "Put a little hair around that and you'd make it." And I even thought, wow, thats a dated reference these days in light of the tonsorial style of most women these days. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:55 am 

McHenry's status as my favorite player on the Bucs was "fort"ified last night. Wow . . . his wife is stunningly beautiful; the type of woman who cannot help but turn heads whenever she walks into a room. Drop dead knock out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:01 pm 

Fort with his sister in law (friend of mine), nephew and Mrs Fort.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:16 pm 

Said it in another thread- don't think I've ever seen a ballplayer's wife that was any less than an 8.5. Uncanny...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:37 pm 

VanSlick wrote:

Fort with his sister in law (friend of mine), nephew and Mrs Fort.

The nephew has good taste in schools. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:20 pm 
 WWW  YIM  Profile

J.D. wrote:
My favorite was Maria Hanslovan, Cutch's girlfriend, a total knockout. Based on her last name I would guess she is Cuban. Speaking of ethnicity, I wanted to see Karsten's betrothed last night, just to see her last name again, I think she is Albanian.

Not quite. She is from DuBois, and a friend of the family. They are real good folks. Basically a bunch of old Polish, Lithuanian and Ukranian coal miners on that side of town.

You shoulda been at church when Cutch showed up the first time with her family. Priest did a good job of stopping mass and introducing him, just to get the staring out of the way.

ZM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:44 pm 

ZelieMike wrote:
J.D. wrote:

Not quite. She is from DuBois, and a friend of the family. They are real good folks. Basically a bunch of old Polish, Lithuanian and Ukranian coal miners on that side of town.

You shoulda been at church when Cutch showed up the first time with her family. Priest did a good job of stopping mass and introducing him, just to get the staring out of the way.

ZM

I stand corrrected, thank you. From her exotic looks and name and Cutch being from Florida, I thought Cuban. BTW is that Roman Catholic or Orthodox church?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:47 pm 

This thread is pointless without pics. ;) :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:05 pm 

NSMaster56 wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:21 pm 

Willton wrote:
NSMaster56 wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive:

She looked different last night!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:32 pm 

Couple things about this whole night..

First off, this is an fantastic event for a most deserving group. One thing I love about the Pirates, Steelers, and PEnguins is how much they get involved in charitable organizations such as these. I don't really know how it compares to other cities, but I love to see it here. From Bob Nutting on down, I was impressed.

And no better organizations to help than kids with special needs. I volunteer at a special needs school and have put on a police camp there for the past five years, but was unable to get it done this year. The unconditional love you get from these kids, with all they are going through, is unbelievable. Persons with special needs, especially kids, are near and dear to my heart. I applaud not only the players, organization, root sports, but everybody for their involvement in this night.

Now onto the wives and girlfriends. In addition to being so beautiful, they seemed to be having fun last night, especiallly the awesome Mrs Alvarez! I loved watching her, and not just because she is so beautiful, but because she really seemed to be having fun! They were all thrust into this event, but it seems like they all really WANTED to be involved, not like something they HAD to do. Of course, looks could be misleading sometimes, but they all looked classy carrying this out last night, certainly a "step up" from the Mrs. Benson's from years past.

Kudos to all. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:42 pm 

Animal wrote:

First off, this is an fantastic event for a most deserving group. One thing I love about the Pirates, Steelers, and PEnguins is how much they get involved in charitable organizations such as these. I don't really know how it compares to other cities, but I love to see it here. From Bob Nutting on down, I was impressed.

And no better organizations to help than kids with special needs. I volunteer at a special needs school and have put on a police camp there for the past five years, but was unable to get it done this year. The unconditional love you get from these kids, with all they are going through, is unbelievable. Persons with special needs, especially kids, are near and dear to my heart. I applaud not only the players, organization, root sports, but everybody for their involvement in this night.

Now onto the wives and girlfriends. In addition to being so beautiful, they seemed to be having fun last night, especiallly the awesome Mrs Alvarez! I loved watching her, and not just because she is so beautiful, but because she really seemed to be having fun! They were all thrust into this event, but it seems like they all really WANTED to be involved, not like something they HAD to do. Of course, looks could be misleading sometimes, but they all looked classy carrying this out last night, certainly a "step up" from the Mrs. Benson's from years past.

Kudos to all. Thank you.

Agreed, they all had big geinuine smiles on their faces.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:25 pm 

Animal wrote:

Kudos to all. Thank you.

I imagine that without events like these, being the girlfriend/wife of a ballplayer can be boring and taxing. Sure, you get to watch your beau play and earn lots of money, but what else does one do? What if you don't find baseball all that entertaining? One benefit such events provide is an outlet for these women to let loose some creative energy, and I'll bet that at least some of them jumped at the opportunity.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:37 pm 

That, and there's the issue of knowing that you're married to someone who's away from home for 4+ months of the year and who has more than ample opportunity to cheat on you. And, let's face it, most baseball players are not known for their restraint in that department. I knew a girl who dated Manny Ramirez for about 3 months during his tenure in Cleveland. He cheated on her twice in those three months. That she knows about. And she was as attractive as any of those girls you saw on TV last night.

I love baseball as much as anyone, but if my daughter were to start dating a baseball player, I would be greatly displeased.